Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the msrp on the carpeted floor mats higher than that of the rubber? my rav is coming with the carpeted and i just ordered the rubber online...do you think the dealer willl take the carpeted mats out and credit me the 119?

R

·
0 Posts
Color matched carpeted floor mat MSRP is more because they are all the rage. The same reason SUV's cost up to $10,000 more than the truck built with the same platform & engine. I guess rubber is cheaper to make in this case as well.

If you want to deal on getting credit for the mats go ahead. The carpeted ones will be harder to keep showroom clean. But, you could use the rubber ones and save the carpeted ones for good weather months and when you are going to resell. Your old RAV will look showroom clean and you can pitch the all weather mats included as an additional selling feature.

K

·
0 Posts
My floormats that came with the RAV reverse to rubber. That's what I did since the weather is lousy still.

W

·
0 Posts
kc456 said:
My floormats that came with the RAV reverse to rubber. That's what I did since the weather is lousy still.

kc-As I posted on another thread, flipping the back luggage area carpet fits and works beautifully, since it's a nice, smooth rubber on the reverse side. But the front driver and passenger carpets in my Rav have all those pointy little needle thingys on the bottom (and the two plug-in holes) designed to dig into the carpet-not the ideal look or feel if reversed. If you look you may find good quality heavy duty all weathers at Target for fifteen to twenty on sale.

M

·
0 Posts
Interesting...my limited RAV came with the rubber all weather mats...I thought everyone's did..this isnt the case?

·
Registered
271 Posts
schwartzy1 said:
Why is the msrp on the carpeted floor mats higher than that of the rubber? my RAV is coming with the carpeted and i just ordered the rubber online...do you think the dealer willl take the carpeted mats out and credit me the 119?
Tell them you don't like the carpted mat and have them replaced them for you. I got mine that way. At the end, the salesperson gave me the carpeted mat at no additional charges.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts