Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... my 2000 Rav4 CD player started skipping a few weeks ago... any fixes? I'm pretty sure that the lens must be pretty dirty after nearly 6 years...

What kind/type of disc cleaner has anyone used sucessfully?

Thanks for any help.
Rocket

·
Registered
779 Posts
Pull it all out and put in a new CD player and speakers.

Put an empty pocket where the old CD player used to be and put the new CD player/radio unit where the existing cassete/radio unit is.

·
Registered
236 Posts
that's what i was planning on doing soon anyway.
On that note, would anybody be interested in buying my factory radio and CD player? the radio has the cassette deck and everything and the CD player is in it's separate little spot down by the cup holders.
I'm not sure when i'll be replacing it but lemme know if you're interested and I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I dropped by the local Toy dealer yesterday to collect some parts for our 97 Rav. I checked out the 2010 Rav and was disappointed to see a CD player.

Personally, this is equivalent to having a cassette deck.

I was hoping Toyota would be up with the tech gadgets and realize CD players are not the way to connect with the young generation of consumers.

4 years ago I was shocked when the Honda dealer considered the 6 CD deck in the Odyssey a great feature :?:

whatever....

put all my tunes on a mp3 player and never touched a CD in the last 24 months, there in the basement collecting dust.

the 2010 Rav does have an AUX input on the console ,
Toyota: can I get a refund if you keep your CD player when I buy my next RAV, I don't want it , don't need it , why are you selling it to me?

gary

·
Registered
236 Posts
Personally, I love CDs because you can get a lot better audio quality from them than an MP3. They're big and scratch easily, but if you can take good care of them, they're nice to have around. Plus, it can be handy in the cold weather like I have here to just turn on the car and have the music start playing.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I burn my own CD's,there like $19.99 for 75 of them and if they get scratched or stop working,they go in the skip,no skin of my arse that way. Just burn another 75 cent CD :lol: :lol: .

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't even have an MP3 player :p I never liked listening to music while on the go. I have to be driving or just bumming around on my laptop.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ah that's legit but I use my iPod for listening to music in school and elsewhere. Plus, it's an iPod touch so I use it for all sorts of applications like email, calendar, etc. It's the best thing I've ever bought. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
during my Christmas shopping I can't recall seeing someone of the younger generation listening to their tunes on a CD player!

If I was in the Marketing team for Toyota I would consider this demographic and what they want for music listening.

its just evolution....

the cassette made the 8 track obsolete
the CD player made the cassette obsolete
the MP3 player will make the CD obsolete
maybe wifi will make the MP3 obsolete in the near future...

come on Toyota be a leader not a follower, you have a good machine, the sound deck is an easy fix....

just my 2 cents, onto installing the car starter into the RAV4....

its a nice day outside, around +1C in this part of the world.
gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts