Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim Horton's is giving away '06 RAV4s this time around.....dunno which model yet ...... So isn't it time for a coffeebreak......

BTW: How about putting your province in your profile, if you haven't done so already......helps to get a sense of where ppl are...

Non-Cdns: Tim Horton's is a Canada-wide coffeeshop chain that has a promotion called "Roll up the Rim". Roll up the rim on the paper cup and get a free donut / coffee /.....other prizes..../ 1 of 10 (I think) RAVs :shock: ..........neat eh!!! 8)

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Bluenoser are they like the like the Can. heart & Stroke foundation and the Can Cancer F. Loteries where they offer the car or cash ?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
For some reason the Tims near my place sucks :roll:

Most others i like. They really give you a boost (that's if you are not already an addict) :D

My automatic Saeco (with good beans) makes an awsum Cappuccino but i like to go for 1 of Timmy's to relax or for any long drives, especially after working at the farm.

Walt

·
Registered
771 Posts
Not a coffee drinker. But I may grab a hot chocolate or somthing to win the RAV. Free, I would keep it maybe but I'd rather sell it and get a Highlander.

M.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see they're the Sport with the V6 .......so that could be interesting...... 8)

Don't think Timmie's gives you a cash option.... :(

A true coffee drinker doesn't care if it's Tim's, Second Cup or others; as long as one gets the caffeine fix....... :wink:

6 - 8 cup a day guy.... :shock: ......eyes won't close......

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Hah, well, unless they make you sign a clause where you can't sell your prize, Marcutio could just pay the taxes for it, turn it over in a private sale and use the $$$$$ for that Highlander he wants. :wink:

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I don't think we pay taxes in CAN and i believe that there is no problem selling it except the loss of a few thousands in value.
As for me I would sell it and invest the cash for when i need it :D
Like for paying off my coffee bills :roll:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The TV commercials show a silver V6 model - looks like the base but hard to tell for sure.

No taxes on prizes in Canada. Right now you could probably flip it for pretty close to MSRP considering how in demand the vehicle is at the moment.

I don't drink coffee but I'm encouraging my wife to visit Timmy's and win us that RAV.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I wonder if you cold sell the winning cup with conditions attached. One could get a better price because there would be no wasted tax on the resale.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Geez!!.......just saw the TV add......it's 30 V6 Sports across the land...WOW!!!

Too bad they just missed my b'day...... :wink:

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I was picking up my MASI wine at the liqueur store and talking with some people in line. Turns out one guy one the 350 Z in the Princess Margaret Lot. He opted for the cash, so think he got $10,000 less ($45,000CAN) than the final cost with tax. The tell told me that her friends mom one the $1,000,000 home, took looted the furniture and sold the home.

Walt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts