Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

All these lights popped on the morning after a hard rain, and the car possibly skidded a little or peeled out of a slightly muddy parking spot. For the past couple days the lights go out intermittently, and then come back on.

I didn't drive the car all weekend, and today my husband drove the car all the way to work, about 5 or 6 miles, and the lights did not go on. Could this have been caused by the slippage when we drove in the rain? Have these lights gone on and off for anybody and stayed off. Have a short road trip, in a couple weeks and didn't want to drive if this is a big problem.

Thanks for any help, or advice. :smile

Aimeenola

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Hi Aimee and welcome. :smile

Try posting/looking in the 4.3 mechanical section being that your RAV is a 2006 model. You should get a much better idea of what is happening and advice from fellow 4.3 owners.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
10,197 Posts
Since the CEL comes on codes will be stored. Suggest getting them read at an AP store but in any case I doubt it's anything serious.

·
Super Moderator
11,133 Posts
How old is the battery? Believe it or not a less than perfect battery can cause all kinds of wacky lights with the V-6 RAV. If it's 3 years old just replace it.....AFTER the codes have been retrieved and deciphered.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts