Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have a CEL P0171 Bank 1 Sensor 1.

I had the P0171 last week and it did not specifically point to the sensor; it just printed out a 4 page list of the potential issue.
I changed the Spark Plugs and cleaned the MAF and after about 50 miles, the CEL came back. I had lost the list of 'issues', so I got the code pulled again, and this time if pointed ONLY to the Bank 1 Sensor 1. Step in the right direction at least.

Ok, so unless I'm mistaken, Bank 1 Sensor 1 is actually an A/F Sensor, and it is on the driver side. So drivers side, top sensor, correct?

If that's so, what's the OEM part number for that particular sensor? All the Toyota dealers are closed today because it's Sunday, and Google lists multiple PNs.
I THINK it's Denso 234-9023, but I'd rather be sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so called my local Toyota Stealership and got the PN from the guy.
The PN for Bank 1 Sensor 1 from Toyota is: 89467-42010. He wanted $266.24 for the sensor.
A simple Google search found me the Denso PN: 234-9023. This is $115 from Amazon.

So guess which one I'm going with?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so update, for all you *cough* helpful *cough* people on this forum.
Turns out it was a clogged injector. I ended up taking it to a shop because the light came back AGAIN after changing 2 o2 sensors, the pcv, and the valve cover gasket. Turns out it was a clogged fuel injector that they blew clean. Code went away, monitors reset to 'ready' and they inspected it right there.
All good now. While irritating, the other stuff I bought for it was at least due for replacement anyways, at 150k.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Sorry you didn't get much help on the forum. I, (like many others here) know next to nothing about the 4.2 generation. I have heard that this outfit does good work:

Fuel Injector Flow Testing & Cleaning | | - Pro Flow- Pro Flow

They completely test and refurbish your injectors for something like $7 each.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts