Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every single time my phone is in my pocket with my keys it disables the smart key. Has anyone else notices that? The Toyota website basically says that's impossible, and maybe it only happens with Samsung phones but I have to take my phone out to open the door. It's really annoying. Does anyone know why? Does the smart key use cellular technology?

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
My Iphone has no effect on my Hybrid, nor does my wife's LG affect her Prius , I've tried it and it has no effect on the smartkeys. Several layers of aluminum foil will block the smartkey tho, kills the signal dead as if it wasn't present.

·
Super Moderator
11,136 Posts
Had a Samsung since I bought the car until recently. Never had such a problem.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Every single time my phone is in my pocket with my keys it disables the smart key. Has anyone else notices that? The Toyota website basically says that's impossible
Weird...my other car's manual says that it does indeed interfere. I'll have to check the Rav's. Where does it say that on their site?

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Does the smart key use cellular technology?
It uses weak radio waves, and if no battery at all it uses Near Frequency Communication that works only when you place the fob on, or very close to the Start button.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts