Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2017 Rav4 Hybrid. Most of the vent cell phone holders are made for horizontal vents. The 2017 Hybrid has vertical vents. Does anybody have a recommendation?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Old thread, but the newest of the phone mount questions.

In light of the hands-free law going into effect July 1, 2018 here in Georgia, and since we do not have android auto or Apple Carplay =(, I started looking for a solution.

The ProClip center dash mount is solid but pricey. Works well with iPhone X in a rugged case, no vent blockage and face id works without handling the phone.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Hybrid XSE
495 Posts
I’ve been using their cell phone holders for 12 years now. I am now using the holder on the left of the driver with the Oliv magnetic mount. Works great for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2018 Rav4 Cell Phone Holder

I just purchased an iOttie Easy One Touch 4 Dashboard & Windshield Car Mount Phone Holder from Best Buy for $25. Same price on Amazon. I can't post links yet, so just search on the name. I intend to put it on the dash, just to the right of the instrument cluster, and about an each behind the silver trim. Swinging the extension bar 180 degrees allows you to place the phone just above the vent without blocking it, and your vision is not obstructed. This was important, as my wife is under 5' tall. Haven't installed it yet as I need to get her approval since it's her truck. :)

I currently own two other Iottie mounts that have never fallen off. Very durable and reliable.

I'll post pics after then install.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anyone have any pics of exactly where on their dash, they are putting the suction for the phone holder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here are the photos for the iOttie Easy One Touch 4 Dashboard & Windshield Car Mount Phone Holder from Best Buy for $25. Same price on Amazon. I installed it in my 2017 Rav4. Hope this helps others decide where to mount the holder on the dash. Works great in this location. Solid holder, strong suction cup, hasn't fallen off, highly adjustable. Don't worry that this location is not exactly flat. The suction cup conforms to the slight angles, and mounts very securely.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Picked one up from costco. It uses magnets, so it requires a magnet attached to the device. But it's small and fits nicely on the dash.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The only phone holder that makes sense for RAV4. Easy to reach, easy to view, does not block any vents or controls. Designed specifically for Rav4.4
This looks great! Just ordered one for my kid's new RAV4 (2018) off of Amazon. It looks like there are several different actual phone holders that will all attach to the 'clip' that mounts on the dash trim. Nice. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts