Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a center armrest for my Rav4 1998 i can't find any on the net ?

does the center armrest from a Rav4 II fit in a Rav4 I ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is really difficult to find a complete unit. I have seen several at junk yards but without the console lid. At present, there is a 4.1 Console Lid on the bay. The Item Number is 221870717651. It is expensive at $45. If you had the bottom, you wold be set.

My 1999 had one and I found it useful, but my 1998 does not have one.
Harry
Marietta GA

·
Registered
161 Posts
It is really difficult to find a complete unit. I have seen several at junk yards but without the console lid. At present, there is a 4.1 Console Lid on the bay. The Item Number is 221870717651. It is expensive at $45. If you had the bottom, you wold be set.

My 1999 had one and I found it useful, but my 1998 does not have one.
Harry
Marietta GA
Really? CRAP! I got one out of a scrapper, and was all excited, then realized it was more of a pain in the ass, it was all wobbly because of whatever reason, and the Rav4 has ONE damn cup holder! haha. It uses it up to stabilize it self.

I chucked it in the trash.

I do have a double Rav4 Cup holder lower Bezel somewhere though, I guess those are popular. with a manual transmission its just a pain in the ass. After having a Rav4 with ZERO luxuries, and slowly adding stuff in, I realize the Rav4 is not a Caddilac, and it's better not to pretend it is, everything is just to crammed. No more leaning over the passenger side without jabbing your ribs. No more reaching in the back easily either. Stupid armrest is mostly stupid.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? CRAP! I got one out of a scrapper, and was all excited, then realized it was more of a pain in the ass, it was all wobbly because of whatever reason, and the Rav4 has ONE damn cup holder! haha. It uses it up to stabilize it self.

I chucked it in the trash.

I do have a double Rav4 Cup holder lower Bezel somewhere though, I guess those are popular. with a manual transmission its just a pain in the ass. After having a Rav4 with ZERO luxuries, and slowly adding stuff in, I realize the Rav4 is not a Caddilac, and it's better not to pretend it is, everything is just to crammed. No more leaning over the passenger side without jabbing your ribs. No more reaching in the back easily either. Stupid armrest is mostly stupid.
Oké thanks for the warning :wink

I do think i am gonna put a universal in maybe the are beter

·
Registered
37 Posts
you can often find them in junkyards, atleast from my experience. usually, when they don't have lids you can pull them off of a 93-97 corolla and a couple others i can't remember off the top of my head, and they will drop right in. the corollas also have a much stronger hinge on them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts