Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No real question here, but I was checking the classified for parts and came across someone selling a 97 Rav4 L, 4dr.... Looking through the pictures I saw the attached! Contacted the seller to get some info as well, but wanted to check the ole forum to see if you guys had any knowledge on this part. Thanks! - GB

Attachments

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I think that's the same one I have. But I think there were two variations -- one didn't have a flimsy cupholder mounted on the back if I'm remembering correctly.

One of my two RAV4.1s came with it, the other I bought NOS on eBay a long time ago.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yes, that's what is usually called the "center armrest", if you look on the forums. They pop up from time to time at junkyards, but they are getting more difficult to find.

They install very easily: if you find one, because sure to take the bracket, too, because there is a metal bracket that fastens to two pre-drilled holes in the floor frame. The bracket has a single hole on the hole (not tapped) on the top, and all that fits under the center console, then the bottom of the armest is shaped like the cupholder. The armest fits into the cupholder, and a single screw goes into the bracket through a hole in the very bottom of the armrest. It sounds like it would be wobbly, but its actually not. You can't see the bracket when its installed.

Like LugNut said, there's one with a very dinky cupholder (really, a soda can holder only) on the back, for the rear passengers (they must share the soda, apparently!). The top of the armrest is padded with foam, and folds up nicely for a convenient storage area.

They are very comfortable -- I recently found one at a junkyard and installed in my sister's Rav, which never had one. My sister LOVED it! Its just a very natural place to put your arm when you're driving. However, it eliminates the single cupholder available to the front occupants (but I installed a lower dash cupholder for her, too, so it was okay). My Rav came with it when we bought it new, and I really like the armrest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts