Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I was looking for a safe that would fit in the console of my RAV4. I manage to find a company that makes console safes called Console Vault, but the version they have is for the 2012 RAV4.

I contacted them about the possibility of manufacturing a version for the gen 5 RAV4 and this was their reply:

“Ticket status: New

Department: Did Not Find My Make/Model or Year

Subject: Console Vault: Update Tracking #———

Hello Mushibi,

we might, but not sure when.

Thank you for cheking with us

Sincerely,
Console Vault”

So if you guys are interested in one also, hit them up with an inquiry via their contact form on their website - since it seems like they are gauging interest in the product first before they spend money developing and manufacturing one.

If you know any other console safe companies that have already made one for the 5th gen RAV4, let me know!

URL to their contact form:

I’ve attached pictures of what the 4runner version looks like.

Vehicle Car Car seat cover Armrest Car seat

Vehicle Car Car seat cover Auto part Car seat

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Family car

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mushibi,

Any luck finding a console safe (or other safe) for your Rav4? I've got the 2017 RAV4 Hybrid XLE and haven't been able to find anything.

At this point, I'd settle for a decent solution for mounting a safe under the driver seat or in the small compartment just behind the rear passenger seats.

· Registered
2 Posts
Just got an almost identical reply from Console Valut about a request for a console safe for the 2017 Rav4:
Hello billybob2398,

we are no plans right now, however our plans could change.
We appreciate you. Thnak you for reaching out.

Sincerely,
Console Vault
I'm thinking that I'm going to have to settle for a safe that will mount under the driver's seat.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Just an update. The console safe is finally available to order from Southeast Toyota Distributors. Must order through a Southeast Toyota dealership parts department. $246 +tax just for the safe itself. $349 installed by dealer. Has a warranty if it’s installed by the dealer. No warranty if not.

· Registered
471 Posts
This will probably only dissuade those not too serious about getting into it, and invite more serious thieves to damage your vehicle getting into it. Best to just not keep anything valuable in your car.

· Registered
97 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.