Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally found an upgrade to this plain jane switch blank cap on the center control panel:

The Part Upgrade: From Homie Auto parts/Ali Express

To install remove the AC control panel, Shifter Panel and Trim, Shift Knob, Console Pad:

Pull out the center control panel, pop out the blank cap has two tabs on the side, push tabs the push out the cap:

Power source: 12V DC socket on the console pad: Connect the harness to the OE plug and connect the provided connector to the AC socket and the last plug to the USB Unit

Zip tied the harness to the OE wire loom:

Re-install the trim pieces in reverse, Final result, and the USB port is lit blue and matches the interior lighting:

Thanks for Looking!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While i was working on this mod, I saw an unused connector taped for the optional Qi wireless charger pad module if I decide to buy in the future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
that looks awesome - thanks for sharing.

Is it possible to upgrade the usb port that connects carplay to USB-C? I've looked around and couldn't find any module and was curious if anyone has attempted this

·
Registered
2 Posts
USB C Female to USB 3.0 Male Adapter? Less noticeable hidden in the tray
That's a good alternative, thanks! I was hoping to find an actual USB-C port to replace the current USB-A port in order to also take advantage of faster charging. Not sure exactly how it'd work to be honest but hoping someone with more knowledge about all things electronics than me could chime in

·
Registered
129 Posts
Probably cigarette adapter for fast charging is easiest but you lose out on the USB to the radio. Im not aware any fast charger option that replaces that USB since the signal goes to radio seems more complicated.

I did find some rockers switches for the blank.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
765 Posts
that looks awesome - thanks for sharing.

Is it possible to upgrade the usb port that connects carplay to USB-C? I've looked around and couldn't find any module and was curious if anyone has attempted this
I was just thinking the same, got a new i11 and it came with a useless type c to lightning cable... silly reduce footprint scheme logic to buy the power brick for $20+ separately. Totally shafted the CarPlay market if you ask me.

I’d say give it a bit, Apple just started doing this, I guarantee something will pop up on ali in a few months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts