Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2016 RAV4 hybrid XLE, when I turn the 6.1" center display off in the settings, the screen doesn't really turn off like in previous 4th gen RAV4s. The screen just turns black with the backlight remaining on. I'm wondering what the reasoning behind this is.

·
Registered
551 Posts
In my 2016 RAV4 hybrid XLE, when I turn the 6.1" center display off in the settings, the screen doesn't really turn off like in previous 4th gen RAV4s. The screen just turns black with the backlight remaining on. I'm wondering what the reasoning behind this is.
I think it's better that it doesn't completely power off.
There's a delay when it boots up as well as displaying the weird caution message it shows.
Just turning off the LCD is a nice feature.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Also about center display: I just found out, removing radio will disable steering control and you cannot operate center display.
And "After Refuel" miles will not reset automatically.

~ 2016 Toyota RAV4 Limited Electric Blue ~

·
Registered
551 Posts
Also about center display: I just found out, removing radio will disable steering control and you cannot operate center display.
And "After Refuel" miles will not reset automatically.

~ 2016 Toyota RAV4 Limited Electric Blue ~
I think that's a pic of the MID (multi info display) in the cluster.
I don't know of a way to turn that off.

This post is in regards to the infotainment touch screen display:
amirite?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that's a pic of the MID (multi info display) in the cluster.
I don't know of a way to turn that off.

This post is in regards to the infotainment touch screen display:

amirite?
Yes, I'm talking about the infotainment screen, not the MID.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I suspect there are some automatic functions, which are not (or cannot be), shut off, and the screen remains in the readied status for those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts