Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far, I love the car for many things, and I really enjoy driving it except one thing that does bother me some. It's the fact that every time I make a turn, I can feel everything inside the car, including the bags in trunk, is being tossed around, even my to-go coffee got spilled over the lid! Is it because the high center gravity? Or, does anyone else have the same experience?

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Depends on what you're use to driving, the Rav4 and Rav4 HV both scored better on Car and Driver skidpad road tests than the CX-5 which is a better handling CUV.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on what you're use to driving, the Rav4 and Rav4 HV both scored better on Car and Driver skidpad road tests than the CX-5 which is a better handling CUV.

Oh, i like the handling and i like it in sport mode even, but i just found it annoying with things flying around in the back, even inside the foldable baskets from Costco.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I see more SUV's flipped over than any other kind of car . Its just physics.
I would sooner have a a wagon which is the same thing as a lowered SUV.
Anybody no how to slam these to a wagon level. No snow where I live and I don't
offroad. Actually the Motortend test showed a lot of body roll.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I see more SUV's flipped over than any other kind of car . Its just physics.
I would sooner have a a wagon which is the same thing as a lowered SUV.
Anybody no how to slam these to a wagon level. No snow where I live and I don't
offroad.
Amen to the wagon!!!!! The only mainstream option is the Subaru Outback, but it just feels too big, and there is no hybrid option. I actually prefer the handling of the RAV4. Maybe because it feels lighter. Still, I would much rather have a wagon or a Toyota that was similar in size to a Subaru Crosstrek that had AWD. The only reasons I bought the RAV4 was because of the hybrid gas mileage, AWD, and extra ground clearance for snow. I actually hate SUVs. Given my criteria, the RAV4 unfortunately checked the boxes. I don’t have kids or pets; so I would rather have something smaller but it is what it is. Europe gets all the cool car options. I swore that I would never buy an SUV, but the options are becoming few and far between. At least the styling of the RAV4 is somewhat ok. Not great; but I’ve seen worse things. If I could afford a Volvo wagon, the servicing costs; and there was a hybrid option, I would buy one in a heartbeat!!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speaking of wagon - yeah i totally missed my Mazda 6 wagon stick shift. Dont get me wrong, the handling of Rav4 is good for me but things in the back area really fly around during turning.

·
Registered
523 Posts
On what surface are these things slipping and sliding? I have a set of the Toyota rubber mats on the floors and the trunk and I don't find things slipping any more than they did in my Prius v wagon and then only if I take a turn too vigorously. When going to the grocery store, I've learned how to pack the bags against each other so the taller heavier are against the side of the trunk and cushoned by the others being toward the middle but all snuggled together. Haven't had any problems with spills from the metal Starbucks cups I use. I do miss not having 3 cupholders in the front seat area like my v had. One for me and two for my wife.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
170 Posts
Instead of them, i got 2 foldable baskets from Costco. They only cost about $8 each and very handy too.
I've got three of them. They're great and cheap too. Fold them up when not in use. They stack on top of each other even when flattened out. I keep one of them full of emergency supplies and find that it doesn't slide around at all. I too have the factory rubber mats in back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So far, I love the car for many things, and I really enjoy driving it except one thing that does bother me some. It's the fact that every time I make a turn, I can feel everything inside the car, including the bags in trunk, is being tossed around, even my to-go coffee got spilled over the lid! Is it because the high center gravity? Or, does anyone else have the same experience?
This works well.

• 3 storage compartments, 2 side pockets and 1 inner side pocket
  • Heavy-duty construction is perfect for cars, vans, SUVs and trucks
  • Opens into three sections for groceries, sports gear, travel items and more
  • Includes a removable cooler with a leak-proof liner to keep food and drinks cool
  • Organizer and cooler folds flat when not in use

1 - 20 of 28 Posts