21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
This works well.

• 3 storage compartments, 2 side pockets and 1 inner side pocket
  • Heavy-duty construction is perfect for cars, vans, SUVs and trucks
  • Opens into three sections for groceries, sports gear, travel items and more
  • Includes a removable cooler with a leak-proof liner to keep food and drinks cool
  • Organizer and cooler folds flat when not in use
Great FIND !!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Amen to the wagon!!!!! The only mainstream option is the Subaru Outback, but it just feels too big, and there is no hybrid option. I actually prefer the handling of the RAV4. Maybe because it feels lighter. Still, I would much rather have a wagon or a Toyota that was similar in size to a Subaru Crosstrek that had AWD. The only reasons I bought the RAV4 was because of the hybrid gas mileage, AWD, and extra ground clearance for snow. I actually hate SUVs. Given my criteria, the RAV4 unfortunately checked the boxes. I don’t have kids or pets; so I would rather have something smaller but it is what it is. Europe gets all the cool car options. I swore that I would never buy an SUV, but the options are becoming few and far between. At least the styling of the RAV4 is somewhat ok. Not great; but I’ve seen worse things. If I could afford a Volvo wagon, the servicing costs; and there was a hybrid option, I would buy one in a heartbeat!!!!
I’m finding a lot of likeminded folks in this forum, I bought an XLE last week, and just started surfing here. I came from a 2011 hatch WRX... I am really going to miss the driving characteristics of that car. But I wanted more room, and to use less fuel. Yes, if a hybrid AWD vehicle with similar cargo capacities and ground clearance, but lower center of gravity were being made, that’s what I would have bought. The Crosstrek is just a little too small. I need to get this WRX sold so I stop thinking about ‘my ex’ (vehicle).

Actually, why didn’t you get a Crosstrek?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I’m finding a lot of likeminded folks in this forum, I bought an XLE last week, and just started surfing here. I came from a 2011 hatch WRX... I am really going to miss the driving characteristics of that car. But I wanted more room, and to use less fuel. Yes, if a hybrid AWD vehicle with similar cargo capacities and ground clearance, but lower center of gravity were being made, that’s what I would have bought. The Crosstrek is just a little too small. I need to get this WRX sold so I stop thinking about ‘my ex’ (vehicle).

Actually, why didn’t you get a Crosstrek?
Wow, that’s a huge change from a WRX to a Rav hybrid! I didn’t get the Crosstrek because the XLE hybrid was only a few thousand more than a fully loaded Crosstrek I was considering; but with MUCH better gas mileage. The Rav also has more features available. The Crosstrek is pretty slow, too. The Rav at least has a little bit of punch from the electric motors. Obviously, not fast or a sports car; but better than a Crosstrek. I had a Prius before and I feel that once you have a hybrid; it’s difficult to have a regular ICE car. The MPGs are just too good to ignore. Subaru has the better AWD system; but with snow tires, the Rav will be just fine for winter driving. I don’t go off road. The Crosstrek PHEV has hardly any cargo space at all, so that was out of the question.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Ok, seriously...you test drove it. If you wanted a lower center of gravity, buy any of the Volvo, MB, or BMW station wagons still being made. Frankly, I could make stuff fly around in any car if I drive it that way.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
well i was talking about even moderate turns would cause a bit excessive rolling which we dont have with our other suvs. I do wish i can drive it like my little civic 😉

·
Registered
81 Posts
well i was talking about even moderate turns would cause a bit excessive rolling which we dont have with our other suvs. I do wish i can drive it like my little civic 😉
Small cars are definitely more fun to drive. It’s not necessarily about going faster or having more power. If something smaller than the RAV4 existed in a hybrid, with better use of cargo space(i.e.- if the Crosstrek PHEV put the battery UNDER the back seat to not take up the cargo room) I may have bought that. I think the RAV4 handles better than a Subaru Outback which supposedly has a lower center of gravity due to being a lifted wagon with a flat boxer engine.
My very first car was a Toyota Corolla, and obviously those cars are slow; but it was fun having the maneuverability of a smaller car. I’ve never liked big cars or SUVs. I don’t see the point in owning one unless you have to tow or have a bunch of kids or fur babies. The Rav is probably the biggest car I’ll ever own; and hopefully in a number of years there will be more hybrid and EV choices for people that don’t necessarily want an SUV. A lifted hatch with a little extra ground clearance for winter would be perfect. Maybe the next gen Crosstrek PHEV will put the batteries under the seat. I don’t know how they used Toyota’s hybrid technology and STILL couldn’t manage to arrange the batteries better. The gas mileage without plugging in, wasn’t that impressive. Oh well. For now; the Rav is good enough.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts