Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 RAV doesn't have the OEM Toyota centre console box/armrest and I'm thinking of adding one in. Anyone out there got one, with a pic and/or installation advice? Worth getting?

·
Registered
986 Posts
I know at least one of the people here installed an armrest in their 4.1 Rav, although I can't remember who. Kelly? Becky? Someone?

I don't know if they sell them for the older Ravs anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
I added one to my RAV back in 1996 and it's still going strong. Great place to store CD's, cell phone, etc. I even added a 12v outlet to the bottom interior for my cell phone charger.

Some have reported the HINGE on the lid to be cheap and break easy, but mine's still OK. The broken ones probably have kids in the back seat :roll:

Online source for purchase?.... haven't seen any lately. :?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mine came with the console already installed. It was very useful and looked nice. My lid hinge did in fact break years ago, but Ricky fixed it easily enough.

Becky

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. My Subaru has a storage box there and so did my previous four cars so I'm finding the RAV a little lacking in places to put stuff, particularly CDs.

The Toyota parts system here in Canada, at least, still has accessories for the original RAVs in pretty good supply, so I'll probably try the dealer first. Otherwise, I came across the Toyota "console box w/rear cup holder" on toyotaworld.com. $51.75 plus another $5.70 for an "anti-rattle fit kit".

J

·
0 Posts
Nope, Toyota World deosn't have the console box anymore. :cry: I've looked high and low looking for one, and I was told that they stopped production on them. So, if your dealer has them in Canada, let me know if you could so my quest can come to an end! :lol: lol

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, it's a rarer item than I thought then. Just sent the question off to my dealer and I'll post when I hear back. I just bought this RAV in November, and everything I've wanted off the original accessories list so far I've been able to get. It looks like the RAV4oz.com online store still lists the console box too. Maybe they can't get them down there either, but they had a good picture of it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
We have one in our RAV-4 1997 too and it's still solid and in good shape.

I think it was a good quality accessory.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just heard from my dealer: the Canadian parts system doesn't have any console boxes available. However, my parts guy says there's a chance that another individual dealer out there might have one in inventory, and he's going to send a request out to see if that's the case. Guess these were either really popular and they all got sold, or really unpopular and they didn't stock many.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yup it's a shame they don't make them anymore. I have one in my RAV and so far it's been great. I hope it'll last for ages.

·
Registered
682 Posts
That's right Stelly...the production of the centre console for the RAV4 has finished. The only centre consoles you can buy now are the ones people have in stock (which is very rare) :(

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rare enough that someone bid US$88 for that one on ebay, when it would have cost around $50 from a parts vendor back when you could get them. I e-mailed toyotaworld.com as well as toyotapartsworld.com to make sure they didn't have any, but neither place bothered to answer so I'm assuming that's a no.

·
Registered
49 Posts
bmorton said:
Rare enough that someone bid US$88 for that one on ebay, when it would have cost around $50 from a parts vendor back when you could get them. I e-mailed toyotaworld.com as well as toyotapartsworld.com to make sure they didn't have any, but neither place bothered to answer so I'm assuming that's a no.
WOW, I have one in my RAV :) I could live without if the offer was high enough :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think I am going to have to go through a couple boxes I have in storage. I have one somewhere I took out of my '98. hummmmmm

1 - 20 of 44 Posts