Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone, I have a 2006 Rav4 4 cylinder. 2 days ago i changed the battery as my car wasn't starting or cranking. Now the car starts fine but the VSC, oil and 4WD lights are all showing constantly ON and the cruise control is not working. Light keeps flickering but unable to use cruise control. No other work was done on the car other than changing the battery. Does any one know what is going on? Would appreciate any ideas on how to fix it . Dealer is asking $150 to just to diagnose. :(

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a 2006 Rav4 4 cylinder. 2 days ago i changed the battery as my car wasn't starting or cranking. Now the car starts fine but the VSC, oil and 4WD lights are all showing constantly ON and the cruise control is not working. Light keeps flickering but unable to use cruise control. No other work was done on the car other than changing the battery. Does any one know what is going on? Would appreciate any ideas on how to fix it . Dealer is asking $150 to just to diagnose. :(
It sounds like somebody reversed polarity on jumper cables while trying to give you a jump start. This causes several fuses to blow. Look in the 2 fuse boxes under the hood and the 1 under the dash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts