Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Toyota Rav4 and the passenger door actuator motor was out.
So after watching several you tube videos it seemed simple enough.
We took it apart and changed the actuator but what we didn't do is disengage the battery,
so throughout the process we heard the other door actuators clicking sporadically.
Upon completion we tested the lock and it didn't work but it did un-lock, in fact now all the doors will not lock but will un-lock and we have to mechanically lock each door.
My guess is we damaged a relay or switch. Is it difficult to correct?

Appreciate any HELP thanks. :crying

·
Super Moderator
10,153 Posts
Moved to 4.2 section where you'll likely find more help.

Reactions: aeloa

·
Super Moderator
10,153 Posts
Relays are pretty tough but you could have damaged one. Have you tried swapping a couple?
The master switch is where I'd look. Is it possible a wire just got knocked loose?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
in fact now all the doors will not lock but will un-lock and we have to mechanically lock each door.
This would happen if a door was left open, or at least if the ECM thinks a door has been left open. Does the dashboard show a "door ajar" light when all the doors are closed?

Do you have keyless entry on your RAV?. Do the same symptoms appear when using both the FOB and the button on the door interior?. Do you hear a warning beep when trying to lock the doors with the FOB.

After a quick glance at the drawings I can't see anything obvious that would cause this problem, other than a door being open.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No this is not a keyless and the dashboard warning doesn't show a door left open. I'm thinking I might have yanked on a wire when I pulled off the harness. Thanks though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dr. Dyno,

I think you're right because we did kind of tug on the harness and probably knocked a wire loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts