Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally i changed my mind. Got a very good quote from local honda dealer for Honda odyssey EX-L(400 dollars above RAV4 V6 LTD) and and Honda Pilot.. Decided to take Honday Odyssey EX-L..

Was very upset about Toyota and some dealers in my area..
My story was very big and waited enough long for Rav4...

I contacted all dealers in my local area and one of the dealer told me that V6 LTD is in the freight and he asked me to put some money inorder to get.
I gave a cheque to him. He said it will take 2 to 3 weeks to bring the car to local and he said he has V6 Base available at his parking lot..but i told him i am only interested on V6 LTD silver or green or blue..
After one week i received a call from that dealer told me that he is not able to get any V6 LTD in my region..he asked me to consider V6 Base. I realised that he is trying to push his V6 Base and i asked him to give my money back..

contacted another dealer i told him what happened to me with other dealer, he told me that he had couple of V6 Ltd and sold very recently but he said he will definitely get one..
He Called me after 4 days and he said he has V6 LTD with extra options and green color is waiting in his parking lot and he asked me to come and look..i went and did a test drive i liked ver much but didnt like the interior color so i told him that i will bring my wife and if she likes this color i will take it. And he quoted me for some good price.
Next day i was late to take my wife to the dealer show room.
When i went with my wife he said he already sold that car. he will get another one for me...

Meantime i sent an email to another dealer by internet.
He called me next day and he said he has one car available and i went i saw the car and i was shocked..that was the same car i did a test drive in the other dealer and he trade the car to this dealer ..
so i asked him did you trade this car from other dealer? he said yes.. and i asked him the price. he quotoed me 1000 dollar above the other dealer price and he said he will not come down for the price..

I realised that, there could be some internal link between the dealers ..he might have thought that i would buy for any price..

I was very upset about some of dealers how they are taking advantage of heavily demand model..

Discussed with wife and sent an email to local Honda dealer, next day got a good deal price from him for Odyssey 06 EX-L model.
And i called the dealer and made a agreement.

Getting to my home on friday...

Missing not much but gaining enough space in odyssey but it was very hard to leave from toyota since i drive toyoto for 7 years.

Hopefully i will get my 2010 Rav4 with success and will meet you all here..

Thanks again.

Bali.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree- you can't go wrong with many Toyota and Honda products. Hopefully Toyota will hear some of this feedback and make some changes.

Out of curiosity, anecdotally speaking, have any of you heard of the opposite happening? That is, of someone wanting desparately wanting to buy a (Honda, GM, whatever), but getting so p.o.'d at the buying process that they opted instead for a Toyota? I'd be interested to hear if it's only Toyota that suffers from this problem.

At any rate, enjoy your Honda, Bali. Into every life some rain must fall.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
This is one of the reasons I hate buying a new car from the Stealerships. :evil: Buying a new car should be a pleasant experience, but these guys just make the experience such a negative one.

Sorry you had to change your loyalty to Honda because of some greedy dealers. Toyota does make great products, to bad they are tainted by some crooked dealers. :cry:

Not all dealerships are like this. But it sure makes me wonder which are the good and which are the bad. :ponder:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bcbob said:
I agree- you can't go wrong with many Toyota and Honda products. Hopefully Toyota will hear some of this feedback and make some changes.

Out of curiosity, anecdotally speaking, have any of you heard of the opposite happening? That is, of someone wanting desparately wanting to buy a (Honda, GM, whatever), but getting so p.o.'d at the buying process that they opted instead for a Toyota? I'd be interested to hear if it's only Toyota that suffers from this problem.

At any rate, enjoy your Honda, Bali. Into every life some rain must fall.

Opposite of huge demand for new car and then going to Toyota? Usually, Toyota's are at demand.

Problem is that it seems as if 15k Rav4's per month is simply not enough. People dont understand what they can not buy car they want, even if it is just released and there arnt many to go around.

I also very much doubt that first dealer gave his pic to another dealer to recognize him and give him higher price when he comes in :).

If you want specific Rav4, waiting for few days seems to be very unrealistic thought. They simply sell all they get.

Here in Eastern Europe, we now take orders for September since we cant deliver any Rav4's before that. Zip, nothing, nada, all sold out.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Honda Odyssey was once in the "we can't get what we want" category. The 1st generation were extremely hot sellers at first.

Our Honda dealer didn't even have them on the lot for you to test drive and decide if it was right for you. You had to give them a $500 deposit to reserve one for you to test drive when it came in.

I haven't been back on a Honda lot since 2001 when the salesman let us ride in a new Odyssey as he went to get gas and make it ready for the new owner.

At least there are RAV4's on most Toyota lots for you to test.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well, at leaset you have a fricking choice :p Where I live, there is only one dealer for the entire country, you do not like it, tough sh*t!!! Simple as that. I have an offense with Toyota/dealer policy in jacking up the price of this model so high that it no longer makes any sence for the target customer.... Unless they have decided to target the richer crowd, I do not know who the heck can buy this car. The pricing here is close to a Toyota Prado, which is a much more capable vehicle by any one's book.....

Still considering the car, there are no V-6s here, and a four speed auto is old news, no 5-speed tranny options any more :x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts