Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very easy job and took about 1 quart of oil in total. Figured, while I'm dirty, I'll change the diff oil on my truck too; took nearly a gallon:surprise
I changed the plugs on the V6 last week. I was prepared to suffer, but it was surprisingly easy. I also changed the brake fluid.

Really liking the 2010 Limited I got my wife.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Very easy job and took about 1 quart of oil in total. Figured, while I'm dirty, I'll change the diff oil on my truck too; took nearly a gallon:surprise
I changed the plugs on the V6 last week. I was prepared to suffer, but it was surprisingly easy. I also changed the brake fluid.

Really liking the 2010 Limited I got my wife.
Yeah, not too bad if you have the space and a few tools. For the brakes, do you recall about how much fluid you needed to bleed the system? Did you use a brake bleeder or just the brake pedal pump and refill reservoir method?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, not too bad if you have the space and a few tools. For the brakes, do you recall about how much fluid you needed to bleed the system? Did you use a brake bleeder or just the brake pedal pump and refill reservoir method?
I have a pretty comprehensive collection of tools that I've been collecting for decades. Whenever I needed a tool for job, I bought it and it's really paid off.

I used 32 ounces of fluid. I have a vacuum brake bleeder that runs on compressed air. It takes quite awhile to draw new fluid to the back brakes using a vacuum, but it's effortless.

I'm not sure why, guessing it has something to do with the ABS, but after replacing all the brake fluid, the pedal went right to floor until I pumped it a couple of times. My daughter's ABS-equipped Corolla did the same thing.

Reactions: RAVN4RED
1 - 3 of 3 Posts