Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not reporting any thread but didn't know where else to ask this.
How does a member change his user name?
Specifically I'm thinking about newbeecolo who with 437 posts certainly is no longer a newbee. I was going to commend him on his posts and suggest he update his name since he's become quite a "regular" member. But how does he do it?

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts
Leave it be. Maybe he likes that moniker or is a newbee to Colorado. I don't know how to change it either. He may have to sign in and start all over which would make him again a newbeecolo.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
He's in California, not Colorado, and I would be happy to change his user name if he wants. The new name will update globally across the forum without having to start over.

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts
I was going to commend him on his posts and suggest he update his name since he's become quite a "regular" member.
If you do so make it via PM. There are MANY members here that offer mucho good information & help. They might feel shorted if he is singled out in public.

I'm sure that's what you meant to do but just my thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, definitely by PM.

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts
I'm absolutely sure that's what you intended. I didn't mean to sound like the commander or anything because I'm damn sure not and don't wanna be.
Just offering my 2 cents worth.

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fully understood. :thumbs_up: Especially as a moderator I wanna be extra careful not to PO anyone. Probably can't suggest some member from Texas come to CT for driving lessons. :oops: :wink:

BTW, what's the change to blue?

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts
Probably can't suggest some member from Texas come to CT for driving lessons.

BTW, what's the change to blue?
What? Sorry, I'm lost here.

I changed my icon to Huckleberry Hound just because I felt like it if that's what your asking. I like Hanna Barbera cartoons.

As far as driving lessons I miss your point but I could sure use them with vehicles that have handlebars and I can't think of a better teacher than you. My two wheel adventures consist of a Lambretta Scooter (age 16), a BSA 500 (age later) , and one other bike I don't remember. I think it was a Triumph Twin back in the day. I used to ride with my friends (back seat) on the six cylinder Hondas back then but that was decades ago.
We usually took off about midnight and went until the morning sun came up. I understood how to lean to help the driver, it seemed natural. My experience is very limited unlike yours.

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My CT invite was from post 19 on your thread here.
As I said above I can't find any torque steer problem that causes anything but a little fun. Would never pull you out of your lane. And I don't believe there could be THAT much difference between my RAV6 and others.

So, the only factors I can come up with to attribute the variations to are:
1. Different front end alignment. How much could that vary?
2. Different tires. Are mine THAT good? I have noticed that my trucks are pretty squirrelly on brand new tires.
3. Different road surfaces. My tests were done on flat smooth CT blacktop at 40F.
3. Driver is fighting the wheel. Try my hands off approach or at least a light touch.
4. Half the posters are pulling our leg, or their steering wheel (with TWO hands??).

Any other conclusions or do you all have to come to Connecticut for driving lessons? LOL

Oh yeah, I forgot one that I see on a lot of forums - someone wants to sell parts.
And I thought it might have been the election that made you turn blue. IMO we dodged one :egad: HELLary of a bullet!

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, hopefully he'll pull the country out of the ditch. IMO we were on the Highway to Hell.
Reminds me of
Wish I knew Spanish to know what they're saying.

I just PMd newbeecolo with JuneBug's offer to make a change.

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Newbeecolo replied that he specifically wants to keep the name as he owns it as a domain name.
From his .com
"About Us
We are a Los Angeles web hosting company,
providing dedicated servers as well as virtual web hosting."

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
I'm finding Newbeecolo to be quite annoying. He's on the forums day and night, replying to almost every thread, childishly commenting on stuff he knows nothing about. Reminds me of Katekebo in that respect. He lists his occupation as "Bus boy / money delivery boy", so the image that conveys to me is a spoiled kid whose Mommy bought him the car. Which he thinks is really ugly. You can learn a lot about Daniel Roberts at one of his sites: Main

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts
I'm finding Newbeecolo to be quite annoying. He's on the forums day and night, replying to almost every thread, childishly commenting on stuff he knows nothing about. Reminds me of Katekebo in that respect. He lists his occupation as "Bus boy / money delivery boy", so the image that conveys to me is a spoiled kid whose Mommy bought him the car. Which he thinks is really ugly. You can learn a lot about Daniel Roberts at one of his sites: Main
I agree completely. I'm waiting for him to screw up just once and he'll be a goner. I thought it strange he wanted to befriend me right off the bat. I did so but may regret it.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
I agree completely. I'm waiting for him to screw up just once and he'll be a goner. I thought it strange he wanted to befriend me right off the bat. I did so but may regret it.
Same here. He kept asking until I relented.

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did the same with me twice. I told him I don't do the friend thing with anyone as I spend too much time on the 'puter already.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts