Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
The cabin air filter? Should be the same as shown on this YouTube video on a 2013.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It does not appear that it is an separate, replaceable item. It is shown in the Toyota Parts catalog as part of the Air Intake / Upper Cover. The part number is 177050V120 and the list price is $317.60. Think that price also includes the Air Mass sensor. My guess is that is does not / should not need any attention during the normal life of the vehicle. The replaceable air filter is before this item and should prevent it from getting dirty or damaged. I have not removed or disturbed it during replacement of the air filter.

2014 Toyota RAV4 Parts - Camelback Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Parts - Free Shipping

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Don't bother.
There is no performance improvement, and it will cause emissions warranty issues should you have a problem with the MAF.

It is NOT a restrictive part. It is not a "filter"... it is a mesh loaded with a few activated charcoal pellets that absorb unburned hydrocarbons that waft up out of the throttle body after shutdown.
When the engine is running, the fresh air pulls these vapors back out of the charcoal and into the engine.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
It does not appear that it is an separate, replaceable item. It is shown in the Toyota Parts catalog as part of the Air Intake / Upper Cover. The part number is 177050V120 and the list price is $317.60. Think that price also includes the Air Mass sensor. My guess is that is does not / should not need any attention during the normal life of the vehicle. The replaceable air filter is before this item and should prevent it from getting dirty or damaged. I have not removed or disturbed it during replacement of the air filter.

2014 Toyota RAV4 Parts - Camelback Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Parts - Free Shipping
Drawing item #4 ($230) is the "assembly" which includes the MAF
The MAF is available separately as drawing item #5

The cover for my Tacoma is $256... I WISH I had not removed my charcoal element. I managed to skate on the last smog check, but if a tech actually opens the box, I'm screwed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts