Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
RavMann05 said:
I found this article on one of the sister boards from Rav4world.com, check this article out.

I'm curious if anyone has done anything like this stateside?

I have bunch of orange zip ties.... I thinking that would a random color in the wheel well. :roll:

http://www.rav4expedition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=93
I think it has the possibility of looking cute, but I'm not at all sure how this is supposed to have any impact whatsoever on the performance or longevity of the braking system.

Wayne

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wayne said:
RavMann05 said:
I found this article on one of the sister boards from Rav4world.com, check this article out.

I'm curious if anyone has done anything like this stateside?

I have bunch of orange zip ties.... I thinking that would a random color in the wheel well. :roll:

http://www.rav4expedition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=93
I think it has the possibility of looking cute, but I'm not at all sure how this is supposed to have any impact whatsoever on the performance or longevity of the braking system.

Wayne
True. I think it's thier cheap trick idea of preventing the rubber hoses from expanding too much, and keep the break fluid pressure higher thus doing thier job at helping you stop, vs. loosing (how much may be negligable) pressure from rubber hoses expanding.

I know a few offroading friends like their steal brakes lines, since thier brake lines tend to heat up a lot on decents.

Then again I'm on the verge of "out of my league" .... so.... that and ~.02 will get you a cup of coffee. :)

I might just try it to see if there is any immediate gains... at least its just plastic.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Well my opinion is that it is a waste of time and zip ties to "decorate" one's wheel wells. I doubt there would be any functional benefit. :wink:

·
Registered
685 Posts
The flex hoses are supposed to flex.......I'd be concerned that they would be constricted and chafe.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts