Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2011 4 wheel drive 4 cyclinder RAV4. Over the weekend, I changed my front brakes. After driving the car, the check engine light, 4 wheel drive light, and traction light (car skidding on the road) all came on. The car is at a little over 51,000 miles. Any ideas of what's going on?

·
Super Moderator
10,129 Posts
Unless you damaged the ABS sensor wire going to the wheels it's probably a coincidence with the brake work.

Best bet is to get the codes read (auto parts store) & go from there. I always record & reset any codes and see if they come up again.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I drive a 2011 4 wheel drive 4 cyclinder RAV4..........After driving the car, the check engine light, 4 wheel drive light, and traction light (car skidding on the road) all came on.
There is a very interesting thread located here, which describes what the various lights mean. There is also a chart showing the lights that were illuminated on RAV4 World members vehicles and the resulting cause. CLICK.

The problem is that your combination of lights has never been reported by any other member. For example if you have a 4WD RAV, you should see the 4WD light, and if you have a 2WD RAV, you should see the TRAC light, but never both. Also in every single case reported the VSC light was on, but it's not on in your case.

You might want to verify your combination of lights. To summarize, if the CEL light is on at all, then you have a problem with one of the engine management sensors. If you have the ABS and/or BRAKE light on, then you have a problem with the braking system. Since you don't have the BRAKE light on, the problem is probably not related to your recent brake work.

You need to have someone connect an OBDII scanner to the port under the steering wheel, and scan for trouble codes. This is often done for free at some locations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts