Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check Engine Light On/hesitation and shaking while accelerating and idling.Once iam up to speed it runs ok,then the check engine light comes on, ,when at a stop light, light goes off, on 2000 Toyota rav 4 with 165,000 miles auto trans 2 wheel drive..Timing belt and water pump changed recently, .I changed both coils,ignition wires,compression tested all cylinders 200psi on all 4.Fault code P0300 shows on scanner.I ordered a map sensor,engine coolant temp sensor,pcv,vacuum solenoid modulator valve ,iam waiting for these to arrive,today i Replaced egr valve and it didnt help,I added sea foam to the fuel tank,ran it for about 10 miles ,had it up to 85 mph ,it took a while but nothing helped.also ordered one fuel injector,i will try that after everything fails?Any ideas,

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
Here is a pretty good list of things to check for that very general code.

Reactions: egonvet

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
Did you figure it out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CHECK ENGINE LIGHT FAULT CODE P0300

I changed all 4 fuel injectors and that solved the problem,its running like it did new.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Don't get rid of your old injectors, they are easy to clean if that is all that is wrong with them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With 165,000 miles on them,they only cost me $80 on e bay for reconditioned ones.To much work to change them ,then take a chance cleaning them and then i have the same problem.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
With 165,000 miles on them,they only cost me $80 on e bay for reconditioned ones.To much work to change them ,then take a chance cleaning them and then i have the same problem.
I fully understand. My projects often get carried away because if I go in to do something I want to do it right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts