Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been chasing a fuel consumption problem and was glad to see my CEL came on with a P0325 (knock sensor). I am hoping this could cause me to run a bit rich? With what i found on the forum i will be removing my intake to get to it and While i am at it i will be replacing intake gasket, TB gasket w/clean, all vacuum lines and electrical that needs replacing. Any tips on procedure or any other maintenance I can do while im in there?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just noticed while driving today that it seemed sluggish over 60mph. drove it hard to rev 3k and up and didnt notice a difference but dont normally rev my rav over 2500 which brings up another question... is it safe to drive with a knock sensor fault code?

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
Do you hear any pinging under load?
Did you try resetting the code?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
code came back when i got over 50 and was warm. I thought the motor sounded a little louder and rough then usual but dont usually drive on the highway. Just found how to test sensor from ECM and will try that tomorrow.

·
Registered
432 Posts
While you have the inlet manifold off, remove the EGR vsv, reposition it on the firewall, next to the Diff lock vsv if yours is four wheel drive, that way if you ever have trouble with it you can get to it easily.
Don't overtighten the knock sensor, they can sheer, and before you fit it if you think it's pinging then back off, don't push the motor hard.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is 4wd, thanks! I just hope this solves the fuel consumption issue. Ill let yall know after i pin test and replace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts