Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the 4th time for the check engine light problem on my 01 Rav. The 3rd time at 65K they finally updated the program. Now, this time they said the manifold was losing pressure and they will be replacing it under warrenty at 75K. Since they know I will be getting an 06 Rav sometime in late December, do you think they are telling me the truth or are they stalling and avoiding a more serious problem with the emission system.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’ll say depends on the relationship with the dealership. However, you should understand which they would like you to continue to be customer since your 06 is on the way. Let them work on it. Wait and see, I guess they are trying to help you.

You should consider yourself lucky for only getting 3 CEL in four years. Don’t get me wrong. I used to drive German cars and I almost get 1 CEL on every two week. I bought the car new, not used. Anyways, I got burn and will never look back on those horror days that I almost need to beg the local dealership to get the warranty items fix. LOL.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When they told me about replacing the exhaust manifold, they said it has to be cold and I should drop it off the night before. Since I only have one vehicle, I was disappointed to learn that they do not have loaner cars or shuttle service and I have been dealing with them since I bought my 96 Rav. My only option was to rent a Corolla from them for 33 dollars a day. Does this sound right to you ? Do other dealerships have loaners for warrenty repairs that inconvience you ? My 06 Rav will have this in writing when I sign the sales agreement.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
etop, did the dealer tell you what diagnostic trouble code was set that caused the CEL. Knowing the code would help in determining the cause and the plan to fix the problem. Without knowing the code, it is difficult to offer advice.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on asking what the code is and I hope they tell me the actual code that was displayed on their readout. Does anyone know the code for the exhaust manifold losing pressure. Thats what they told me the problem was.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I took my 01 Rav in for the Check Engine light, I was told that the exhaust manifold was losing pressure. They would order a replacement under warrenty. I have 78K miles on this one. When the manifold arrived, I took my Rav in at 8am. I called at 4PM and they said there was a problem removing the 3 sensors from the manifold. They had to order replacements. They gave me a new Carolla to drive in the mean time. The codes from the diagnostics were 420 and 440.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts