Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

321 - 340 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
My Toyota dealer just told me I have diagnostic code P2770. On page one of this thread is a link to a "comprehensive" list of all possible "P" codes, but P2770 is not listed. Is my dealer scamming me? He says my torque converter solenoid has failed, but also says the wiring shows indications of shorting/damage. Could my problem be nothing more than wiring damage?
Is the light still on? If so then you can go to your local AutoZone or parts store and have them check it for free to see what code they get

You can find a cheap OBD 2 reader on Amazon or eBay for future use!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey right now i have a check engine,trac off and 4wd showing on the dash. Obdll showing o2sensor and high voltage o2 sensor. The code are p0138 and p0136

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hey right now i have a check engine,trac off and 4wd showing on the dash. Obdll showing o2sensor and high voltage o2 sensor. The code are p0138 and p0136

If you have a code reader, shut the codes off and check it again AS SOON as the light comes back on to see what code comes back on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good move crisko! :thumbs_up:
I cleaned mine a couple of times and it did help. But, knowing I'd need a new one eventually I finally bought a new left rear ABS sensor online for about the $169 you paid. Had it for probably six months, laying around somewhere. The lights started coming on occasionally and the sensor made it's way out of the mess on the bench somehow, so I finally got it installed. As you mentioned not a big deal to install. Just have to use care removing the several small bolts that secure the wire out of harms way. No more lights. :)
Dr. Dyno you mention cleaning the hub and make it sound easy. Am I just not understanding an easier way to clean sensor rotor where the sensor sits? You have to pull the bearing hub, which requires messing with the peened axle nut and replacing it. Had to chase the threads on the spindle last time. If I have to do that again, definitely going to get the tool. I replaced a 270k bearing that seemed perfect but when I pulled the hub the rotor on the CV looked spent. The sensor is not too in cost off the internet and easy enough to replace but I believe the CV axle has to be replaced to fix the speed sensor rotor. I think I should have drilled out the axle nut and spindle for a cotter that the engineers should have put in it instead of peening it.

Any thoughts?

Thank you sooo much! I read all your stuff.

Rav2010 Sport-I4-4WD

·
Registered
83 Posts
Changed out the o2 sensor and the odb2 still coming up as o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 . Does it take time to clear or is it another sensor?

·
Super Moderator
9,039 Posts
Dr. Dyno you mention cleaning the hub and make it sound easy. Am I just not understanding an easier way to clean sensor rotor where the sensor sits?
Apparently what got lost somewhere and is causing confusion is that I worked on, and eventually replaced, the REAR ABS sensors which didn't require removing the axles.

Maybe I'm tempting fate by saying this, :egad: but I've done nothing with the front wheel sensors.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks i cant find a good picture of where the sensors are. Is the sensor ur talking about in front of the engine on the driver side

·
Registered
83 Posts
Goddamn lights came back on after changing the o2 sensor. Once i change out the 1st sensor on bank one will the light go off on its own or do i have to reset the car

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Goddamn lights came back on after changing the o2 sensor. Once i change out the 1st sensor on bank one will the light go off on its own or do i have to reset the car

Have you tried shutting the code off after changing the B1 S2 and see if it comes back on? Do you have a OBD2 reader? you can get a cheap one on Amazon , Ebay. or walmart.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC0.A0.H0.XScanner+Diagnostic+Code+Reader.TRS0&_nkw=Scanner+Diagnostic+Code+Reader&_sacat=0

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have one . The lights came back on after change out the sensor . I turned them off but came back on. Going to change sensor 1 the air/fuel ratio sensor and see what happens

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok guys I need some help, my brake, vsc, abs and skid lights suddenly came on. no check engine so my code reader is of no use. I jumped the 4 and 13 pins and checked the flashing lights, the vsc does a 4 blink then 3 blink, and the abs does a 3-3-4-9 now I am keep seeing things like code 38, 90 etc for everything, how can I find out what a 4 then 3 blink code is and same for the abs set? it's a 06 v6 2wd

·
Super Moderator
9,039 Posts
I'd do the 8-step on the brake pedal code clear with the jumper first. Then see which codes come back.
Meantime don't worry about driving the car. It'll run normally except VSC & ABS won't work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd do the 8-step on the brake pedal code clear with the jumper first. Then see which codes come back.
Meantime don't worry about driving the car. It'll run normally except VSC & ABS won't work.
Dr D, well I checked all the fuses, they were good, ran the car through a carwash incase there was snow or salt etc on the speed sensors then reset it by doing what you said and they are now off and the traction control is working again. We will see if it lasts lol Thank you for all your knowledge. This site is a great resource

·
Registered
83 Posts
So I changed out sensor 1 ,spark plugs,gas cap and the alarm for sensor 2 is still there. Will it take time for the computer to reset or could the computer have a issue

321 - 340 of 352 Posts
About this Discussion
351 Replies
143 Participants
rav42007v6ltd
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing