Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

341 - 352 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
So I changed out sensor 1 ,spark plugs,gas cap and the alarm for sensor 2 is still there. Will it take time for the computer to reset or could the computer have a issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may eventually re-set on its own. You could try lifting the battery negative lead for a minute and re-connecting. I have had to change both my sensors. I had a code for the downstream and replaced it (2nd time). That did not clear the code. Then I replaced the upstream A/F sensor and that cleared the downstream code. Not sure what was going on, but finally that took care of the problem. Hopefully that will do the same in your case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can't find any document that tells me what O2 sensor to purchase. I do have all 3 lights on and my reader says it's Bank1, Sensor2. Ok, now to tell Amazon/Denso that. Denso's are sold as Downstream Left or Right and they are different part numbers. I read that left or right is when your sitting in the driver's seat, I assume this is for all vehicles on the planet. I found an engine image thanks to my mechanic and it shows the sensors only as Bank 1 or 2. I see my desired sensor in what appears to be the exhaust pipe after the catalytic converter but it looks very close to the center of the vehicle so I would be guessing if it's left or right. Is there any link that shows me an image of all this and confirms that I need to purchase Downstream left sensor - Denso 234-4261?

I also found that an NGK 24844 is what I want. I also found a pdf cross reference for Denso to others but NGK is not in the pdf. Only NTK is there but NTK 24844 is not listed either.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I can't find any document that tells me what O2 sensor to purchase. I do have all 3 lights on and my reader says it's Bank1, Sensor2. Ok, now to tell Amazon/Denso that. Denso's are sold as Downstream Left or Right and they are different part numbers. I read that left or right is when your sitting in the driver's seat, I assume this is for all vehicles on the planet. I found an engine image thanks to my mechanic and it shows the sensors only as Bank 1 or 2. I see my desired sensor in what appears to be the exhaust pipe after the catalytic converter but it looks very close to the center of the vehicle so I would be guessing if it's left or right. Is there any link that shows me an image of all this and confirms that I need to purchase Downstream left sensor - Denso 234-4261?

I also found that an NGK 24844 is what I want. I also found a pdf cross reference for Denso to others but NGK is not in the pdf. Only NTK is there but NTK 24844 is not listed either.
Do you have v6? Get the DENSO. It's the OEM

https://www.rav4world.com/forums/106-4-3-tsbs/79489-t-sb-0398-09-engine-bank-1-2-f-o2-identification-12-23-09-a.html#/topics/279666

·
Registered
23 Posts

I found this when mine went out. Hope it helps

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2007 rav4 V6 LTD 3.5L 4wd had a collision where the right corner below the headlight was hit by smaller car. It didn't seem to have much damage apart from the bumper cover getting a dent and a couple of tears, one of them larger squarish flap. I took off the front bumper, grill and all one piece, straightened with hot water and patched it up with hot glue and paint and put it back on. While no lights came on when I drove it back home after the collision, they came on when I drove it after the said repair. Now I have the
windshield fluid lights,
check engine, VSC, and 4WD lights on, they came on roughly in that order, starting with the windshield liquid light. I checked the reservoir by pouring water and it came down from the other end. Not sure if the reservoir is damaged or any of the connecting pipes has been dislodged (the feeding pipe appears to be fine). Anyhow, I got OBD2 scanning done at autozone several times and no reading comes up. What should I make of that. They were checking other vehicles with the same scanner successfully before and after trying to read mine. Any ideas why?

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
Anyhow, I got OBD2 scanning done at autozone several times and no reading comes up. What should I make of that. They were checking other vehicles with the same scanner successfully before and after trying to read mine. Any ideas why?
Yes, they were using a cheap scan tool that only reads engine trouble codes. What you have is an ABS code. Did you try to read it by using the jumper method as described at the beginning of this thread?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, they were using a cheap scan tool that only reads engine trouble codes. What you have is an ABS code. Did you try to read it by using the jumper method as described at the beginning of this thread?
if my reading of the first two posts in this thread is correct, my situation is listed in #1 not #2 and my ABS light has to be on for this to be a code that would not show up …..I will go back and read that again

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
if my reading of the first two posts in this thread is correct, my situation is listed in #1 not #2 and my ABS light has to be on for this to be a code that would not show up …..I will go back and read that again
OK, I misread your post. If you have a check engine light, you must have an engine/emissions code. If it's not an active code, it may be a stored code. Any good quality code reader should find it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK, I misread your post. If you have a check engine light, you must have an engine/emissions code. If it's not an active code, it may be a stored code. Any good quality code reader should find it.
The problem is that a properly functioning reader at autozone could not read any codes on my vehicle on 3 separate attempts. The same reader got codes from other vehicles immediately before and after trying to read mine. I am going to resolve the washer fluid issue and see if that resolve the other lights. I know they are not supposed to be connected but I found at least one instance of a vehicle getting CEL due to windshield washer fluid issues.https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-modifications/10861-check-engine-light-windshield-fluid-related.html

341 - 352 of 352 Posts
About this Discussion
351 Replies
143 Participants
rav42007v6ltd
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing