Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on Sunday i was at a fishing derby and the ice was fairly slushy and I was driving on it. It is not the first time this particular set of events has happened, it happened last winter too right after driving on slushy ice exactly, except it sort of figured itself out. This time it's not sorting itself out and earlier today the check engine light started flashing for a few seconds then stopped but stayed on. I pulled over and scanned it with my little dongle and it was telling me there was a misfire detected across all 6 cylinders. But the code that's been consistent all week is the coil on cylinder #6. And when i clear the ignition coil code, sometimes it doesn't come back till the next day and it still idles very smooth. What could be causing the ignition coil codes every time I'm splashing slush from the lake but not if it's just raining?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
You may also have Skid Control ECU codes that you're not seeing with your basic OBD scanner. They could be caused by a wheel sensor compromised by the slush.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So on Sunday i was at a fishing derby and the ice was fairly slushy and I was driving on it. It is not the first time this particular set of events has happened, it happened last winter too right after driving on slushy ice exactly, except it sort of figured itself out. This time it's not sorting itself out and earlier today the check engine light started flashing for a few seconds then stopped but stayed on. I pulled over and scanned it with my little dongle and it was telling me there was a misfire detected across all 6 cylinders. But the code that's been consistent all week is the coil on cylinder #6. And when i clear the ignition coil code, sometimes it doesn't come back till the next day and it still idles very smooth. What could be causing the ignition coil codes every time I'm splashing slush from the lake but not if it's just raining?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Replace your ignition coil for cylinder #6 I doubt it has anything to do with your driving condition. Coils problem on common on those 2 GR's. It can cause random misfires.
Just in case you didn't know cylinder 6 is in the bank farthest forward, farthest right(driver side)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts