Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
I saw that and think it's overpriced. Also the setup is a bit extreme... There is no need for 6 additional injectors.... the way that intercooler is mounted isn't very conventional... there are just too many things that could have been done better... Also to buy it with a blown motor already sort of defeats the purpose.... It is going to be headaches for whoever ends up buying it.... Just too many things wrong with that setup and then to have to pay to swap in a new motor, etc, it is going to be quite costly...

Just my .02 cents...

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
pancake said:
It also has a 3sgte included along with the turbo RAV4. I saw this when it was first posted and figured thats a great deal for a turbocharged car AND a engine.
Yea, but then all you really need is a 3sgte motor, considering you already have a RAV yourself... :p plus you can do it right the first time around and not worry about someone elses problems...

·
0 Posts
Not to bring back a dead post or anything, but I just stumbled upon this site. I own that Rav4 and have started swapping in the 3S-GTE since it didn't sell. I'm only picking away at it so I'll be back up and running probably this time in June.

As for the other comments, actually the intercooler is quite efficient, it is not that much of an angle. It was also the only location it could be mounted due to the lack of space behind the front bumper since it has A/C. The bumper would have to have been completly hacked out in the center and I can't say it would have been pretty.

The additional injector setup is a bit of a pain in the ass to tune but other than that, works quite well running the two in the charge piping. The 4 on the manifold are not hooked up and it was an experiment for track use only. It was setup so that you disconnected the two in the charge pipe and changed the lines and hookups to the other 4. It proved to run to rich for the small boost numbers being run at the time. I am no longer using that intake manifold with the 3S-GTE.

I am curious to know what the other problems are with the setup since you seem to think there are lots. Other than having a standalone system for tuning, there isn't much I would change other than what I mentioned. Even only running low boost on the 3S-FE the truck was fairly fast clocking a 13.6 1/4
I plan to run a few more pounds on the 3S-GTE so I'm hoping to shave down my times.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
If you are interested I have a brand new TurboLink Control unit... allows you to control up to 6 additional injectors, timing, and boost.... I will sell it for a very reasonable price since I am not going to use it... I can include the boost solenoid... you will have to buy the tuning module though since I sold it already...

Let me know...

--DJ

·
0 Posts
I'll let you know. I could be interested. I will see how well they can tune it at the shop with the new engine first, if they can't get the piggyback's to work properly with each other than I'll be seriously considering this as an option.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hey Nick
Welcome to R4W, would have dropped you a pm long ago on LoMo if I'd known you hadn't visited this site....
Maybe tankdog would be interested in your RAV...... :wink: ......he likes to scoot around the pylons......

aka: Rocco.loco

·
0 Posts
Bluenoser said:
Hey Nick
Welcome to R4W, would have dropped you a pm long ago on LoMo if I'd known you hadn't visited this site....
Maybe tankdog would be interested in your RAV...... :wink: ......he likes to scoot around the pylons......

She's not forsale anymore. I was looking for a stock one or a CR-V and decided just to keep her and say the hell with fuel millage.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Bluenoser said:
Hey Nick

Heh, if that's the one GT4 built then I already looked at it backw ehn it was originally for sale, if it wasn't automatic I would have bought it at the time and found another place to put that intercooler :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts