Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2011 RAV4 base with 4 cylinder automatic. Been changing my tranny fluid and can't find if you check tranny fluid when the engine is hot and running or engine off. My manual does not even tell you how to check it. The dipstick says just hot and cold. Normally they also say check in neutral with engine running.
Anybody have a shop manual that says how to check it?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
Pretty sure it is in the owner's manual but that manual is not well organized.
Check when fluid is hot, ideally after driving for 20 min, on level ground. Leave car on while checking.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx. That is what I thought but where it is in the manual is beyond me. Not in the Mtce section and Nada in the index. You are right, the manual is terrible. The index does not even list Transmission???

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi,
I have a 2011 RAV4 base with 4 cylinder automatic. Been changing my tranny fluid and can't find if you check tranny fluid when the engine is hot and running or engine off. My manual does not even tell you how to check it. The dipstick says just hot and cold. Normally they also say check in neutral with engine running.
Anybody have a shop manual that says how to check it?

Thanks
Mark
I've always checked mine hot, engine running, on level ground, in PARK not neutral and I go through the gears while stopped before checking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts