Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have no idea how to check the oil temperature on my 2007 2.4L rav4. when i turn on the ignition an oil/temp light is briefly displayed along with all the other lights as normal but when the car has started i cannot find any mode or function which shows me my oil temp. any ideas? thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,045 Posts
There is no such function available on the dash. Having the 2.4l your biggest concern should be checking the oil often and topping off. That engine is infamous for its oil consumption.

·
Super Moderator
9,983 Posts
I can't remember any car even having an engine oil temperature gauge. Water (coolant) temp yes, and we still have that, but years ago even the oil pressure gauge has been replaced with a so-called idiot light. At least a red light coming on if oil pressure gets low might possibly catch a driver's attention in time to save the engine more than a gauge going to zero.
And as Tex says oil quantity especially on the 2.4L engine is far more important than temperature.

Reactions: James Junior

·
Super Moderator
9,983 Posts
Guess we should've asked the OP if he meant engine oil or transmission fluid temperature

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is no such function available on the dash. Having the 2.4l your biggest concern should be checking the oil often and topping off. That engine is infamous for its oil consumption.
thanks.. that was very helpful for me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts