Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having some strange idle problems still, got a code from low current for the throttle body, replacing the entire unit today and i noticed these wires that are frayed. They are under the throttle body bracket attached to the block. What do they belong to? Seem to be attached to the block but i cant find anything on it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If they're hooked to the engine block then they're mostly likely grounding points, since the engine is connected to the car body and thus is a big grounding point. If you're getting a "low current" indication from a code then that would likely be the reason because they are frayed or not getting a solid enough connection for the required amount of electricity to flow.

I had a rat chew through some wires like that one night during the winter, must have crawled up into there because the engine was warm. What I did was disconnect the screws and harnesses at both ends of the wires (in my case it was two of the fuel injection wires) and lay them onto a tabletop where I was able to strip the ends clean of the chewed wires and cut an additional length of extra wire to solder on to complete the connection.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts