Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question.. does the Chili edition hood with the scoop fit easily onto a 2002 model?

wondering if anyone has done this mod? I love the look of the Hood Scoop :twisted:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honestly, those stick on scoop.. look... well.... like they are stuck on :roll:

not interested in going the "cheap" route here

thanks for the suggestion though

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
bzride said:
Question.. does the Chili edition hood with the scoop fit easily onto a 2002 model?
Here in the US this would be the SAME mod as fitting a SPORT hood to a regular model. In both cases the hoods should be a perfect fit. The ONLY difference in the hoods is that the CHILI/SPORT hoods have the scoop 8) As long as the hoods are from the same MODEL YEAR... it should be an easy swap :D

Seems like we had ONE member do the SPORT HOOD swap awhile back :? can any of you recall who/when this was :?:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zorin said:
You can do stick on scoop and make it look like factory.
There are some photos of modified stick on scoops that look better than chili ones. You can even make it functional but that is another story.
again... it will just look like a cheap stuck on hood s scoop, unless it was molded in which is something I don't want to have to do.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Shame on you Kelly! I know I haven't posted for a few days, but geez! :lol:

FYI, what you're getting when you do the swap is actually I think three or four parts. I remember there's the hood, the bump, and I'm pretty sure one or two others. Your dealer should know the correct parts. It's NOT necessary to buy a new insulator. I know it doesn't look like much but IIRC it's like a $200 U.S. part. The dealer told me I didn't need it at all, but I pulled mine off my old hood anyway (although I am embarassed to say I have not taken the time to pop it in yet! :oops: ). Make sure they remember to install the little black screen thing inside the bump! I had to go back because they forgot it and I didn't spot it until I was home.

Altogether mine was about $400 U.S. for parts and $600 U.S. for labor (both install and painting). The labor should be less if you have non-metallic paint because mine involved doing some blending with the front fenders etc. due to the metallic paint.

Becky

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Becky J. said:
Shame on you Kelly! I know I haven't posted for a few days, but geez! :lol:
:? I'd blame it on one of my EARLY MORNING posts... but that one was around 1:00 in the afternoon. :oops: I guess I need to up my meds... oh wait... maybe that's the problem :doh: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts