Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have rav4 2006 2.2L 100kw (136hp),they said remap will gain about 40kw(about 75hp).
Is it good for the engine, safe?
Anyone done this?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Where are you located? It would help if you would complete your profile. Is your engine a diesel? You may have more assistance with your technical query on a European RAV4 forum, such as Rav 4 Club - Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum There are other clubs as well.

·
Super Moderator
11,105 Posts
Keep in mind that the RAV4 diesel does not exist in North America.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Impossible question to answer. Who makes the chip for beginners? They are not all created equally. Also +75HP is 100% pure certain BS. On that claim alone I would steer clear.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Are the diesels turbo charged. If so it could be possible to achieve 50% hp gains. It will most likely require additional items like injectors, fuel pumps, turbo, intake, exhaust, exhaust manifold, POV or wastegate. Doubt your engine will last very long with it running that kind of power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's turbocharged, i need all of that for that chip,i didn't understand that clearly, i need all of that if i don't have turbo charger or in both situations. I think all rav4 have turbo's.Thanks for answering.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,134 Posts
All Diesels of at least the last 20+ years are turbocharged. Raising their power output a modest yet easily noticeable amount is done simply by reprogramming the ECM for more fuel and more boost. Going crazy to the point of breaking other drivetrain parts requires the types of mods MrPulldown lists.

Reactions: dikaa_1998
1 - 9 of 9 Posts