Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
The black wrap looks great. I take my car through car washes weekly. Does that affect the wrap? I know car washes are not good but I'm lazy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The black wrap looks great. I take my car through car washes weekly. Does that affect the wrap? I know car washes are not good but I'm lazy.
They said that a regular car wash should be fine but don’t wax or buff the wrap Bc that will kill it. I’ve yet to wash it though...but will be doing that soon

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've had it on numerous vehicles and once down and heated, it's virtually indestructible. Pretty sure the other parts are done this way from the factory.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used 1" and it covered and overlapped just fine, if you have the steady hand with a razor knife then 2" is better...

I can't find 1 inch Vinyl rolls. Anyone know a place? Seems 2 inch is standard and that will require a lot of precision cutting...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just get the 2 inch. Before you pull the backing off use scissors to cut the 2 inch instead of using a razor blade when putting it on the car. I’m sure you can handle scissors much better.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 XLE Hybrid (Color: Magnetic Gray Metallic)
68 Posts
Wrapped mine flat black. Much better look

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Looks good, I have the same color car. I was thinking about going with the satin black finish for vinyl wrap on the chrome door trim. Did you consider that one? I can't decide between matte black and satin. Also, how much vinyl did you have to buy? I'm thinking 2inch by 25ft should be sufficient, thoughts?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks good, I have the same color car. I was thinking about going with the satin black finish for vinyl wrap on the chrome door trim. Did you consider that one? I can't decide between matte black and satin. Also, how much vinyl did you have to buy? I'm thinking 2inch by 25ft should be sufficient, thoughts?
I went with the flat black because it blended in with the black plastic of the door frame much better. So you can't tell at all there's vinyl there. I had it professionally installed because I also had the front/rear trim pieces vinyled with gloss black

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 XSE Silver/Black Hybrid
183 Posts
$15 for 2"x15' of vinyl vs. $40 for slim visors that cover the chrome, decisions decisions!

·
Registered
2020 XSE Silver/Black Hybrid
183 Posts
wrapping in vinyl seems hard, the rubber trim is pretty tight so harder to tuck in the vinyl, anyone have that issue when they installed it?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts