1 - 4 of 4 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2002 RAV4

Both my CIG LIGHTERS are NOT WORKING.

First one wasn't, then I plugged in a portable air compressor and the one under the radio wouldn't work.

I think I blew a fuse so I got blue 15A fuses.

Where' s the fuse box?

Also I misplaced my manual. Are there any online?

Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the Rav4 forums. This is the best spot to come for Rav4 advice. However, you have a 2002 which means it's a Rav4.2. This is the Rav4.1 section. I havn't even been able to sit in a 4.2 yet. I'd like to look at getting a newer one some day. I'd try posting over in the 4.2 section. In my 4.1 the fuse panel for the lighter is on the lower left portion of the dash, right next to the lever to open the hood. I don't know if that's where it is on your car. Good luck.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let's see now... I don't know where the fuse is the the cig lighters, but there are two fuse boxes. In the engine compartment on the right-hand side, there's a large black fuse box.

Also, between the driver's door and the steering wheel, there is a nifty little storage box. On the right if you drive on the left side, on the left if you drive on the right. Remove the entire box, and there are other fuses behind it. If you're having difficulty finding the fuse, this is probably the spot that you're missing. :)

The standard fuse should be 10A, since the manual specifies a maximum of 120W may be drawn through the cig lighters.

And welcome, from one newbie to another.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts