Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone. I have a 2013 Rav4 Limited with the two-tone black and copper (maybe they called it cinnamon, I am not sure) "leather" interior. I use the word "leather" hesitantly because while I bought the top of the line, with the special two-tone leather interior, I am not quite sure it's real leather.

Anyway, on the driver's seat, on the seat bottom, where you actually sit -- between your legs -- there is a small cigarette burn. I would say it is the size of a pencil eraser. Stupid, I know, I know. LOL.

Any advice on how to "fix" it? Any quality after-market repair kits? How do they work? Mix together the paste-like material and then you apply it and heat it? Uggh. Any ideas? Thank you very much in advance.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes the softex is not leather I believe they call it synthetic or imitation leather. Best bet is take it to a upholstery shop. They can either try fixing with leather repair compound (reminds me of rtv), depending on how perfect you want it this may be an acceptable solution or they can match the material and sew in replacement panel. While this option can run $100-150 it's still cheaper than buying new seat cover from Toyota. I would guess just the bottom cover is around $350.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the softex is not leather I believe they call it synthetic or imitation leather. Best bet is take it to a upholstery shop. They can either try fixing with leather repair compound (reminds me of rtv), depending on how perfect you want it this may be an acceptable solution or they can match the material and sew in replacement panel. While this option can run $100-150 it's still cheaper than buying new seat cover from Toyota. I would guess just the bottom cover is around $350.

Thank you very much! No, I don't need it to be perfect. Not at all. What is rtv? I am sure the leather repair compound will be more than acceptable.

So, side note -- the bottom cover -- just that one piece can be replaced? I didn't realize that. I never looked close, but it seemed like it was "sewn" and attached to the other pieces. Thanks again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thank you very much! No, I don't need it to be perfect. Not at all. What is rtv? I am sure the leather repair compound will be more than acceptable.

So, side note -- the bottom cover -- just that one piece can be replaced? I didn't realize that. I never looked close, but it seemed like it was "sewn" and attached to the other pieces. Thanks again.
Rtv= silicone adhesive . Yes, they sell the bottom and back covers separately. The bottom cover is attached to frame with 6-8 clips that are part of the seat cover and a handful of hog rings that attach the cover to the seat foam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts