Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know this questions has been asked a few times, that's what led me to this forum. The answers I found helped to a certain extent, but I need more help than has been offered in the past. Here's the issue:

2010 RAV4 Limited V6; power outlet under the stereo and inside the armrest/storage was not working. I searched online and found out that it might be Interior Fuse #11 which, according to the owners manual, controls the power outlet. I switched it out with a new 15A low profile and SHAZAM: The power now works inside the armrest/storage but still nothing for the outlet under the stereo.

Now, when looking at the manual, I happened to notice that Fuse #9 controls the audio system, power outlets, etc., etc. This is where I'm getting confused...is it possible that Fuse #9 is also giving me a problem? I'm pretty sure the fuse works since I don't have a problem with my stereo other than some static on the FM band. But...

• Do BOTH Fuse 11 and Fuse 9 control the interior power outlet under the stereo.
  • Or is it just Fuse 11
  • Or is it just Fuse 9
  • Should I pay $4 for 7.5A fuses just to switch out fuse 9 and see what happens?
  • Or, can I definitively say that since Fuse 11 didn't fix the outlet, it has to be the outlet itself, (which I'll get fixed under warranty)?

I hate to bring it in and deal with all the nonsense if switching one more fuse might fix it. Any help is appreciated.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,973 Posts
The 2 fuses you need to check are CIG and PWR OUTLET. The former is switched directly from the ignition switch and the latter controls the 2 rear outlets through a relay:

·
Registered
23 Posts
thanking to all, today i got a problem with my outlet fuse.
first i searched in engine compartment where there are two fuse boxes.
but my searching was in vain. Then i reminded this very halpful website. After finding the place by getting help from some photos here i decided to change the fuse. It is really horrible place to penetarate! your head and your body in 50X50 cm. to be able to change the fuse, but i found the magic solution!! by the convex mirror i use for shaving!!! i leave some photos here for ones who will have the same problem some day.
After all i thank RAV4WORLD.COM who has been helping me to solve my Rav4 problems, i also would like to curse TOYOTA designers for such a big nonsense they have designed !

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts