Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have either of these two interior colors in their RAV4? Just wondering how you like them. And what is the difference between the two colors...the nutmeg looks lighter??

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Nutmeg is closer to what used to be called bisque. Cinnamon is a darker brown, almost orange-ish.
You can see them at the dealer which is far better than the pictures online.
There's a couple variations based on option packages, one is "Latte" which is actually nutmeg. Those package colors are region-specific so again a trip to the dealer is called for.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have cinnamon interior. It compliments the interior of the car nicely. I just wish they offered the black headliner on non SE models.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Does anyone have either of these two interior colors in their RAV4? Just wondering how you like them. And what is the difference between the two colors...the nutmeg looks lighter??
Nutmeg is more a beige color. Cinnamon is more orange brown color.

Nutmeg:

Cinnamon:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks stearicom...great pics! I work for Toyota Financial and a company lease is one of our benefits, however we order them on line not at a dealership so I don't actually get to see the car till it's delivered to me. My 2013 will be turned in this year and I will need to order an new car, so I've been trying to figure out what I want. I know it will be another RAV, just need to figure out which model, color, packages, etc.

My '13 is Blizzard Pearl with black interior. I'm not a fan of all black inside so that's why I'm trying to see what the other options would look like.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Thanks stearicom...great pics! I work for Toyota Financial and a company lease is one of our benefits, however we order them on line not at a dealership so I don't actually get to see the car till it's delivered to me. My 2013 will be turned in this year and I will need to order an new car, so I've been trying to figure out what I want. I know it will be another RAV, just need to figure out which model, color, packages, etc.

My '13 is Blizzard Pearl with black interior. I'm not a fan of all black inside so that's why I'm trying to see what the other options would look like.
Regardless of how you buy it you can go to the dealer and look at them. It doesn't cost to look.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Regardless of how you buy it you can go to the dealer and look at them. It doesn't cost to look.
True, but you have to find cars with those interiors....and I hate bothering the salesmen since I'm not going to buy anything. But I will probably go and look before making my final decision, I just like to have a pretty good idea before I get to that point.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
True, but you have to find cars with those interiors....and I hate bothering the salesmen since I'm not going to buy anything. But I will probably go and look before making my final decision, I just like to have a pretty good idea before I get to that point.
They're all sitting there in the lot waiting for you to look. Tell the salesperson to go away. You'll find the same Softex colors in a variety of models, and the name is printed on the window sticker. Note that the SE and various other packages may have different stitching and accent colors. Solid seat color vs trim color, etc.

·
Premium Member
7,968 Posts
I've never felt I was bothering a salesmen when shopping for cars and trucks, more like they're bothering me!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Lots of people like to go when nobody is around to avoid the nuisance. I just tell them I'm looking only and will ask for help if I need it. Sales people appreciate being told when they're wasting their time. If they're good at sales (and not too busy) they offer to help you look whether you're buying or not. If you ask to see cinnamon/nutmeg interiors they may know right where to look.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Finding my dark gray metallic with cinnamon was very difficult. Early on that combination was grayed out and not available even as an online build. I'm my area only ash and black were available. When I found a dealer had the now available Dk Gray/Cinnamon I raced down there. They had the vehicle stored off site, and we drove there in a Rav4H with the black interior. I remember thinking the car (w/black interior) was so much smaller that I remembered. Sitting in the Cinnamon version it felt much bigger. I think the lighter color makes the inward curvature of the door interior more apparent giving the feeling of more room. The following week I saw this. Pretty much the same two tone interior as my Rav. Not that I needed an Italian supercar to convince me of my color choices.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lots of people like to go when nobody is around to avoid the nuisance. I just tell them I'm looking only and will ask for help if I need it. Sales people appreciate being told when they're wasting their time. If they're good at sales (and not too busy) they offer to help you look whether you're buying or not. If you ask to see cinnamon/nutmeg interiors they may know right where to look.
Like I said, once I narrow down my choices, I will go to a dealer and see one in person. But as employees, we are somewhat discouraged from going to a dealer and doing test drives, etc. when we know we are not going to purchase something.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
But as employees, we are somewhat discouraged from going to a dealer and doing test drives, etc. when we know we are not going to purchase something.
Then you're getting bad advice. Anybody in sales knows that the more people you can help the more people come to you for help. You might refer someone to them because they were helpful. Although you don't want to wear out your welcome, even an occasional test drive isn't wasting anybody's time.
If someone is helpful, ask for a card and keep it till someone asks you for a referral. Its all about shaking hands and handing out cards, and any time spent doing that is never wasted. Can you tell I'm in sales?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Then you're getting bad advice. Anybody in sales knows that the more people you can help the more people come to you for help. You might refer someone to them because they were helpful. Although you don't want to wear out your welcome, even an occasional test drive isn't wasting anybody's time.
If someone is helpful, ask for a card and keep it till someone asks you for a referral. Its all about shaking hands and handing out cards, and any time spent doing that is never wasted. Can you tell I'm in sales?
Sorry, these are company policies. Just sayin'

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Heck, I do "drive by" peeks at car dealerships all the time to initially evaluate real world design, colors, etc. Sometimes a bored salesman will hustle out and I get "caught" but I make it clear I'm just looking. I don't reveal my name, but I sometimes take their card if they know their stuff. They don't mind one bit. Also, the local dealers are closed on Sundays but allow folks to wander around and check things out.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd ask to see that one in writing.
Look it really isn't all that serious. I said I will probably visit a dealer looking to see the different interiors. But I also like to have a pretty good idea of what I want beforehand. I still have a couple months before I need to place my order.

I have been playing around with choosing my next vehicle because I have 2 to turn in this year, my husband has a '13 Tacoma company lease. The prices have gone up considerably since '13, so we have been researching the best vehicles for us, vehicle wise and also price wise. We really would like our payments to be close to what we're paying now.

This will be my 7th vehicle since I've been working here. Generally I like to get a different kind of vehicle when I reorder, but I I'm not a "car" gal and I'm not crazy about the new Highlanders. The 4Runners are okay, but by the time I equip them the way I like, it really jacks the payments up. I also considered a Lexus NX, but again I felt like it priced out to more than I wanted. So that's why I landed back with another RAV4.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Like I said, once I narrow down my choices, I will go to a dealer and see one in person. But as employees, we are somewhat discouraged from going to a dealer and doing test drives, etc. when we know we are not going to purchase something.
Surely though once you place your order you are going to take delivery at a dealership, so you should noy feel any guilt at going to that dealership and looking/test driving.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Surely though once you place your order you are going to take delivery at a dealership, so you should noy feel any guilt at going to that dealership and looking/test driving.
Nope, they bring the car to my place of business...I turn in my old car and take delivery there.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Did a drive-by at the closed dealership and here's a couple shots of the cinnamon. I like it. (Note: a bit of distortion shooting through the glass.):

I savvy your sensitivity as an employee. I'm also in a slow mode considering getting one of these machines and like your insight to colors. Please let us know what you finally pick!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts