Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Rav 4 AWD wife's car. Also cruise doesn't work, lite just keeps flashing. Seems like it's gotta be some kind of ECU reset issue. Any suggestions w/o taking it to the stealership?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,971 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I went to a lot of trouble to create this sticky thread, it's a shame nobody ever seems to find it:

Check Engine Light/VSC & 4WD lights explained
i find that people are just too lazy to actually look for something themselves...9/10 a simple google search will give you more information than you have time in one day to read...people these days want others to do their legwork...of course i posted what i believed to be a very good reason for the lights and it was deleted...not only are people lazy these days they seem to have no sense of humor...

·
Super Moderator
11,584 Posts
A wise guy comment to a new member's first post is not humorous, especially if they are asking for help.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
The great majority of people that come on to this or any other forum asking for help right off the bat are ones you generally don't hear from again AFTER regulars have taken the time to hold their hand and guide them thru the jungle...I'm sure several members saw that post and thought "great, another one that can't bother to use the search function or look at the sticky section" 5 minutes or less of searching and all answers to that can be found...I just get annoyed that too many people these days can't be bothered to make an effort...so I made a muffler bearing joke...whoopie...next time I will be humorless and point out that the site has a search function and a member introduction page...that way nobody's feelings get hurt...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The great majority of people that come on to this or any other forum asking for help right off the bat are ones you generally don't hear from again AFTER regulars have taken the time to hold their hand and guide them thru the jungle...I'm sure several members saw that post and thought "great, another one that can't bother to use the search function or look at the sticky section" 5 minutes or less of searching and all answers to that can be found...I just get annoyed that too many people these days can't be bothered to make an effort...so I made a muffler bearing joke...whoopie...next time I will be humorless and point out that the site has a search function and a member introduction page...that way nobody's feelings get hurt...
Are you also the one that deleted my "Bingo!!!" reply to cover your ignorant arse? Newsflash, when you're having a serious problem and facing potenially very costly repair bills, there's a very good chance you're already aggravated + don't need further aggravation from a juvenile with monitor capabilities. And yeah, I won't be back, so delete this and my acct as well!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Are you also the one that deleted my "Bingo!!!" reply to cover your ignorant arse? Newsflash, when you're having a serious problem and facing potenially very costly repair bills, there's a very good chance you're already aggravated + don't need further aggravation from a juvenile with monitor capabilities. And yeah, I won't be back, so delete this and my acct as well!
Rocks....hope you don't leave. There's too much good stuff on here. Just take what you want and leave the rest.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The great majority of people that come on to this or any other forum asking for help right off the bat are ones you generally don't hear from again AFTER regulars have taken the time to hold their hand and guide them thru the jungle
Trust me, I understand your frustration and I'm sure all of the long time members have experienced it as well. There have been dozens of examples where I have spent hours going through wiring diagrams, or performing my own Google searches to provide an answer to someone. It is annoying when I have obviously spent more time on the problem than the OP, and yet after posting the results of my effort the OP is never heard from again, not even an acknowledgment that my information was useful.

On the other hand some people do offer their sincere thanks, and I have even received invitations to peoples home if I am in the area, as well as offers of payment (which I turned down BTW). These are the people that make it worthwhile for me to remain on the forums.

Since I never know what kind of person is making the original post, I still try to offer an answer no matter how ridiculous the questions is, or no matter how easy it would have been for the OP to find the answer himself.

For those types of questions I do tend to say things like "I searched the site for you and found the following.....". It's just my way of letting the OP know he is being lazy without me being totally rude.

I belong to many other forums, and this one is the friendliest of them all, and I hope it remains that way. I didn't actually see the "wise guy comment" that had been deleted, but I admire the administrators and moderators for deleting any "rude" or derogatory posts in general. Once they start appearing, members start to believe they are the norm and things begin to snowball from there.

·
Super Moderator
11,338 Posts
Rocks....hope you don't leave. There's too much good stuff on here. Just take what you want and leave the rest.
Yeah, sorry you took rav4system the wrong way your first visit. He and many others, hopefully including me, are very knowledgeable and helpful but that doesn't mean we don't get frustrated sometimes.
As for any deletions or edits, our moderators are very good and fair at keeping the forum out of the trash bin that I've seen elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Actually I didn't delete anything...I'm just a powerless soul searching for love and acceptance in this world...my comment was meant as a conversation starter (since no one had replied to the thread yet)...I mean who doesn't love the muffler bearing gag?...anywho if you were offended that is not what was meant...remember not to take life too serious as you'll never get out alive LOL...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Trust me, I understand your frustration and I'm sure all of the long time members have experienced it as well. There have been dozens of examples where I have spent hours going through wiring diagrams, or performing my own Google searches to provide an answer to someone. It is annoying when I have obviously spent more time on the problem than the OP, and yet after posting the results of my effort the OP is never heard from again, not even an acknowledgment that my information was useful.

On the other hand some people do offer their sincere thanks, and I have even received invitations to peoples home if I am in the area, as well as offers of payment (which I turned down BTW). These are the people that make it worthwhile for me to remain on the forums.

Since I never know what kind of person is making the original post, I still try to offer an answer no matter how ridiculous the questions is, or no matter how easy it would have been for the OP to find the answer himself.

For those types of questions I do tend to say things like "I searched the site for you and found the following.....". It's just my way of letting the OP know he is being lazy without me being totally rude.

I belong to many other forums, and this one is the friendliest of them all, and I hope it remains that way. I didn't actually see the "wise guy comment" that had been deleted, but I admire the administrators and moderators for deleting any "rude" or derogatory posts in general. Once they start appearing, members start to believe they are the norm and things begin to snowball from there.
I totally agree when it comes to being rude and name calling, however my comment was basically suggesting that a worn muffler bearing was the source of the dash lights...I don't think it was rude or offending...meanwhile over in the general section some poor poster is getting roasted for getting out of their rav while it's in park...I assume that thread will be deleted shortly for the rude and harassing comments...

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I totally agree when it comes to being rude and name calling, however my comment was basically suggesting that a worn muffler bearing was the source of the dash lights...I don't think it was rude or offending...meanwhile over in the general section some poor poster is getting roasted for getting out of their rav while it's in park...I assume that thread will be deleted shortly for the rude and harassing comments...
That "poor poster" actually said he didn't know what gear his RAV was in when he got out. Being that the car moved on its own into his front steps, everyone else pretty much figured out what gear it was in.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts