Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally... the Clarion iPod interface that I ordered last weekend has finally arrived and is now installed. 8) Finally... I no longer have to use my cigarette lighter adapter from Belkin which is now falling apart a little. :( The good thing is that now I can change tracks and playlists using the head unit (and if I really wanted to, the remote). :lol: My former setup - with the cigarette lighter adapter and all - was a little clumsy because I would have to plug it in everytime I want to use it, and unplug it and lock it up when I leave the car.

I might have pictures to follow...

·
Registered
175 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the Clarion one is that you can't see the song you are listening to on the iPod (only shows "Clarion").. also the fact that you've got to make a playlist... Other than that, it's a good thing!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SmellyTofu said:
The only thing I don't like about the Clarion one is that you can't see the song you are listening to on the iPod (only shows "Clarion").. also the fact that you've got to make a playlist... Other than that, it's a good thing!
Which deck do you have? You should be able to set up your deck so that it displays album name, artist name or track title... only one at a time, unless you have a deck with a screen, which will display all three at the same time. It took me a while to figure it out. You simply hold the D button until you see the album name, then hold the button again to see the artist name, and hold it again to see track title. I have a DXZ645MP. It should be the same for all other CeNET decks that are capable of displaying CD text.

For a while, I thought that I wouldn't be able to know the track title or artist, until I figured out how yesterday!

As far as the playlists go, I simply created smart playlists that simply duplicated existing playlists. Yes, it's a hassle, but not a huge one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I actually don't own one but have had to investigate it for another manufacturer.. I personally didn't like the advantage of this unit....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts