Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my dealership for the 6 month oil change, and while waiting I spotted this Land Cruiser in the showroom. I think it's early '70's but I'm not sure. They had a little slide show running next to it. They tore it down completely to the frame rails and built it back up to showroom condition:

·
Super Moderator
11,510 Posts
WOW! That would put any Jeep to shame. Talk about go anywhere. I'd have no use for it but I can certainly admire the huge amount of work that went into it. Wonder why they did that? Rather unusual for a penny pinching dealership eh?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Impressive! It's that kind of thing that puts you on the map and gets people in your showroom.

Of course, they didn't use an '81 Corolla for the show piece. ;)

·
Registered
731 Posts
It might belong to a bigwig at the dealership. I like the heavy duty aftermarket radiator and overflow bottle.

Personally, if this was a daily driver and came into the shop where I work, I would steer clear of the work order. If it doesn't have a check engine light, I'm not interested. If this thing won't start, a high school kid could figure it out.

It must not have any fluids, there are no drips :)

·
Super Moderator
11,510 Posts
JuneBug-----------

Want to see the FATAL failure in this restoration? Look at the battery :wink::doh::(:oops::p.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JuneBug-----------

Want to see the FATAL failure in this restoration? Look at the battery :wink::doh::(:oops::p.
Oh yeah, I noticed that immediately! They'll be lucky to get 2 years out of that battery!

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
There's a green one at Crown in Ontario.
Also a beautiful restoration, has a window sticker, I think it was $33k.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had the pleasure/pain of sitting in those style backseats on some serious offroads. Bashed my head many times on the roll cage and got splashed from the rusted out floorboards. But really it could go anywhere.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I did the next best thing (and saved a bunch of money too)...

ImageUploadedByAG Free1457328963.816396.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1457328981.404850.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1457329016.755934.jpg

1975 model year FJ40's with removable tops.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: CB91710

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it three on the tree? I can't imagine it being an auto. Beautiful.
It never occurred to me at the time, but after looking at this photo it clearly has a clutch but no stick shift, so it must be a column shift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts