Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
2021 XLE Premium AWD
Discussion Starter #1
Those of us with dark colored Ravs-Magnetic Gray-that get dusty seconds after washing. What are you using in between washes or as a quick detailer? Any recommendations?

Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
I just got mine a month ago and not even wash it once yet. Rain does it for me 5 times already 馃槣馃構馃お

Registered
I don't touch the paint unless I wash it. So its usually dirty. :D I do wash it about every other week though.

I know detailers are supposed to be able to be used to do like surface cleaning. But it still scares the crap outta me that Ill leave defects behind so I dont do it..

Registered
Those of us with dark colored Ravs-Magnetic Gray-that get dusty seconds after washing. What are you using in between washes or as a quick detailer? Any recommendations?
I find that the dust attaches with a static charge. I have a car duster that I tried since mine is in the garage most of the time it just gets dusty. Dusting it just moved the dust around due to the static charge and it accumulates into larger areas. This makes it look worse than if I didn't touch it at all. I haven't found a solution other than washing it.

Reactions: Rocko9999

Premium Member
If you think dust is bad, wait for spring pollen to fly! :censored:

Registered
If you think dust is bad, wait for spring pollen to fly! :censored:
Yep, the first year of ownership I parked close to some pine trees at work. I came out and wonder where my magnetic grey RAV4 went since I could only see a yellow RAV4 :eek:

Registered
2021 XLE Premium AWD
Discussion Starter #9

Registered

Registered
Prime XSE Premium, Venza Limited
Why is that?
It's about how concerned you are about swirls and scratches. If you use automatic car washes that have rotating brushes or mats that touch the car then go ahead and use your CCD. If you want your finish to stay scratch and swirl free then don't use either. It's just a matter of how badly you want to protect the finish.

Registered
2020 Rav4 XLE AWD Blueprint
ONR, hands down one of the best and most versatile product.

Method 1: Dilute it to make a very good quick detailer. Spray some generously on a panel and wipe away with a folded microfiber. Turn the microfiber and dry. Definitely a good option to wipe away bird droppings and other spot cleaning.

Method 2: Fill a bucket with hot/warm water and add a capful or two of ONR. Add a few microfiber towels and let soak. Use one towel per panel starting from the top and going downwards. Do one side and dry off. Once you get the hang of it, shouldn't take more than 5 to 10 minutes for the whole car.

Registered
2021 XLE Premium AWD
Discussion Starter #16
ONR, hands down one of the best and most versatile product.

Method 1: Dilute it to make a very good quick detailer. Spray some generously on a panel and wipe away with a folded microfiber. Turn the microfiber and dry. Definitely a good option to wipe away bird droppings and other spot cleaning.

Method 2: Fill a bucket with hot/warm water and add a capful or two of ONR. Add a few microfiber towels and let soak. Use one towel per panel starting from the top and going downwards. Do one side and dry off. Once you get the hang of it, shouldn't take more than 5 to 10 minutes for the whole car.
I have heard a lot about ONR. Does it leave any protection or a slickness to the paint?

Registered
Just dusty? Rinse it off and blow it dry.
@RTexasF . Thoughts on liquid detailers?

I do it your way where I go to a touchless when I can and its light pollen or dust and I can get away from doing another wash. Even thought about the below with distilled water. Kinda over the top...but would be better in the drive way during cold months.

Registered
2020 Rav4 XLE AWD Blueprint
I have heard a lot about ONR. Does it leave any protection or a slickness to the paint?
ONR is a wonderful product. Plus it's clearcoat safe, and it doesn't need to be rinsed off. They have a wash and wax variant as well which has a more slick finish. Definitely check it out. A bottle will last a long time.

Registered
It does leave something behind but it is not that much and is likely just the lubricant. If you ever use it and want to put on a sealant/wax you need to remove ONR first. I think any alcohol base cleaner would work fine.

Super Moderator
From AutoGeek:

• Add 8 ounces of No Rinse Wash & Shine to a gallon of water to make an excellent quick detailer. Fill up a spray bottle with this mixture and use it to clean and shine your vehicle, just as you would use a traditional detailer. The proprietary polymers bond to the paint surface to protect it from abrasion and micro-marring as you clean. The incredible formula leaves your vehicle extremely slick and glossy, like you just applied wax!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts