Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quicky
I recently bought some 17,s TTE alloys for my Rav4.1, I dearly want them to look immaculate for a long time. In recent forums we have at length discussed the poor quality of Toyota wheels. I would like to find out thru the forums what is the best way to look after them. Do I simply wash and polish or is there a MAGIC way to keep the in pristine condition. thoughts welcome!!
Clare

·
Registered
771 Posts
"Pristine Condition" you should never put them on your RAV. Keep them on a shelf or in a glass case. :lol: :lol: (kidding of course)

Clean often and polish with auto wax if they are not too intricate, otherwise stay away from so called wheel acids or quick wheel cleaner type products. These will degrade the protective finish over time.

Elbow grease is the safetest way to keep your wheels looking new and stick with a product that is also safe on "painted surfaces". The protective finish on many wheels is not much different than that found on most automotive paints.

Good rule of thumb, if it says "keep away from painted surfaces" on the back then don't rub it on your new expensive wheels. A good wax in the beginning and periodically over time will make it easier to remove brake dust and road crap with your regular detailing (soap and water once a week) that I'm sure you do.

Good luck with the new wheels. Have to post a pic or two in your ALBUM for us.

Later. M. :wink:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Marcutio, thanks for advice elbow grease seems to be best solution. Check my album my wheels are in it.
thanks.
Clare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts