Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Must admit I have never seen this type of Hood protection advertised before. They do give a comparision between this type and the leather type I personally don,t like the look of any type of Hood protection. If as they say it is professionally fitted I can see it being a worthwhile addition. I,m not totally convinced!!!
Clare
Note have never seen it for sale on UK E/Bay

·
Registered
302 Posts
That type of stuff is what's on my 2000 Rav 4 .
It was on it when I bought it used .

It may not be the same make but the same idea .

There's a 6" strip of it on the nose of the hood and
even some on to the rear of the rear wheel on the body .

It is so seamless , I didn't notice it till I had the vehicle for
about a week . :oops:

Works well , no worries . :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
garfieldgurl said:
It's a neat concept, I've never owned one of these items, so I may be completely insane, but I have a couple of concerns.

Specifically, clear vinyl is essentially a big, clear sticker, correct? Traditionally, clear stickers tend to brown and tarnish with age. Especially if there is something (aka wax, or dirt) underneath the sticker when it's applied.

What happens when a rock hits and "scores" it? ( causing a slight tear) I agree that's better than gouging the paint job, but what happens when you eventually need to remove and/or replace this sticker? (sticker residue)

Wayne

T

·
0 Posts
actually all of our ravs well at least 4.2 have this, some of us just don't notice it... if you look under the side of the rear door you'll see this clear film covering the corner that seems like to protect the paint from road chips and things like that. it's the same stuff except the ones infront should be thinner.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I have a similar film on my Subaru. Works and looks great. Doesn't tear or leave a residue when you remove it (although it's intended to last several years and has UV inhibitors in it to avoid discolouration).

However, my concern with this product on ebay is that it looks way too inexpensive. This film isn't that cheap to buy or install. I highly recommend paint protection film as a product but you want an experienced installer to do it and a name-brand (3M or Avery) film to be used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts