Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I apologize if this has been asked before. I saw a few threads discussion noises but couldn't find anything specific to my question.

Does anyone else hear a clicking noise when they apply their brakes? It almost sounds like gears grinding. This usually happens at very low speed and/or when you apply the brake before shifting into gear. I have heard it occasionally since I got the vehicle back in March, but now that the weather has gotten a bit colder, it seems to happen more often.

Am I alone? Any ideas on what it might be?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
There's a booster pump that sounds a bit like that. You might also hear it when you first open the door to get in after sitting for hours.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
Hello,

I apologize if this has been asked before. I saw a few threads discussion noises but couldn't find anything specific to my question.

Does anyone else hear a clicking noise when they apply their brakes? It almost sounds like gears grinding. This usually happens at very low speed and/or when you apply the brake before shifting into gear. I have heard it occasionally since I got the vehicle back in March, but now that the weather has gotten a bit colder, it seems to happen more often.

Am I alone? Any ideas on what it might be?
Typically this is caused by a brake pad shifting in the caliper. I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts