Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clicks are audible when driving through bumps, turns, when braking or speeding up sharply. Look like metal or plastic touches each other.
Rav4 2019 EU Hybrid i-AWD. (Japan)

Dealer said that the have two same problem cars but don't know reason yet.

Has anyone encountered such a problem. Need advice!
VIDEO

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 XSE
41 Posts
Unfortunately your video is not accessible, but my '19 XSE feels like rattle can as well at certain temperatures.
I think there already was a thread about noises coming from different sections of the car...

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 XSE
41 Posts
I have noise coming from passenger side A pillar. try to poke/hold yours when it starts clicking to determine if it's really A pillar or not. can't think of anything else on that side

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clicks are audible when driving through bumps, turns, when braking or speeding up sharply. Look like metal or plastic touches each other.

VIDEO
I have the same problem, same noise on both sides...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Saw this video the other day. Not too sure if the sound is coming from the same location. But it's pretty informative when he took his car to the dealership and interesting to hear what the dealer did to fix it.

·
Registered
74 Posts

VIDEO
This might sound crazy. But worth a quick check. Look at the door check arm fasteners. More on the door side than the body side

·
Registered
124 Posts

VIDEO
I have a similar sound in my passenger door - sounds like a frozen wire rattling around inside the door. I know there is next to zero sound deadening material in the doors
as they feel like cheap thin tin when closing. They removed all the "extra" stuff like that in order to squeeze every last mpg out of it to hit the magic number of 40 I guess.
Could also be why my sun visors rattle and buzz like they have bumblebees stuck inside them. Freaking cheap vehicle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The “stuffing foam into the crack” linked in post 8 seems to be working for me. There’s been a noticeable improvement.

·
Registered
4 Posts

VIDEO
i have the same problem. Do you fix it ?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Check out my thread regarding what I thought was the outside mirror

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check out my thread regarding what I thought was the outside mirror

Thanks, I already read your topic and tried to insert a small piece of paralon in the place that you indicated with the red arrow. the problem did not go away. But I'm not sure I did it right. Maybe somewhere it is written in more detail?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I used a piece of foam so pressure can be kept on the pillar cover. I'm a technical writer for a medical company and have been accused of being too detailed so I was kind of offended by your more detail suggestion ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "измерение, сообщение: 2806577, участник: 454908"]
У меня такая же проблема. Вы это исправляете?
[MEDIA = youtube] K84cIn7Pn5w [/ MEDIA]
[/ QUOTE] ДА
Взаимодействие с другими людьми

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dealer resolved my problem by welding of welded seams View attachment 157204
If your vehicle came with defective welds, that is a major safety issue. Subaru missed some welds on some of their early Ascents and issued a stop sale and bought back all the affected vehicles. I’d personally be contacting Toyota immediately and ask them to replace the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts