Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
I'm having a little issue with the clock located on the Entune/navigation screen of my 2017 RAV4 Limited. At least three times now, after I start the car, the clock will display some random time. After between 10-30 seconds or so, it switches to the correct time. When it happened today, it switched to several different incorrect times before it actually displayed the correct one. Has anyone had this happen? If so, have you been able to fix it?
Thank you!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
Does the clock always set itself automatically? If so, I wonder where it gets the time signal from? If it's getting the time from a GPS satellite, that signal would be blocked if the vehicle is parked under a metal roof or in a parking garage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does the clock always set itself automatically? If so, I wonder where it gets the time signal from? If it's getting the time from a GPS satellite, that signal would be blocked if the vehicle is parked under a metal roof or in a parking garage.

same thing happened to my rav, your correct , its getting the time from GPS. Is there away we can set it up like normal clock, that do'nt rely on GPS satelite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Go to Setup> General> Clock and set the time, maybe it's never been set.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Sometimes a GPS unit needs time (no pun intended) to acquire a signal from the satellites especially if the unit hasn't been updated/programmed with their current location. I would do as said earlier - go into set-up and check the settings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had this vehicle since December 2016 and have only noticed the clock resetting itself maybe three times. It stays parked under a carport with shingles, not metal, and the carport only has one side that's enclosed. I can't remember if the clock resets itself while I'm still under the carport or after I've already backed out from under it. I'll try to notice next time it happens. Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go to Setup> General> Clock and set the time, maybe it's never been set.
So I went out to the car, tried this and found that there are two different options you can select. One is "24-Hour Time Format" and the other is "Auto Adjust by GPS." The one selected on my car is "Auto Adjust by GPS." I guess that's why it keeps resetting itself!

You people are just full of knowledge! Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sometimes a GPS unit needs time (no pun intended) to acquire a signal from the satellites especially if the unit hasn't been updated/programmed with their current location. I would do as said earlier - go into set-up and check the settings.
Thank you! You were correct as well as the others that commented!

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
So I went out to the car, tried this and found that there are two different options you can select. One is "24-Hour Time Format" and the other is "Auto Adjust by GPS." The one selected on my car is "Auto Adjust by GPS." I guess that's why it keeps resetting itself!

You people are just full of knowledge! Thank you!

If you deselect Auto Adjust by GPS you can manually set the time to whatever you want. :wink

1 - 9 of 9 Posts