Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I went to the dealer for an oil change and inspection (yeah, I know...). They were extremely busy but shortly after I pulled in, an *identical* looking silver RAV4 V6 Limited pulled in behind me.

After I got my paperwork done the driver of the other RAV was waiting, so I went up to him and said "Nice ride!" :thumbs_up:

He said his was a 2010 with 106,000 miles, but I swear it looked brand new.

I mentioned how much fun the V6 was, and that it was a dirty shame they weren't making them anymore.

He wholeheartedly agreed.

It's nice to know they're still out there, being very well taken care of, and others appreciate theirs as much as I appreciate mine!

Reactions: ravenuer

·
Registered
263 Posts
loving my V6 as well! see a good number of V6s around here

·
Registered
10 Posts
Until I bought this 2010 V6, I had never experienced torque steer! Still blows my mind when you mash it to pass and the whole thing goes squirrelly. Love every pull and moment!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Until I bought this 2010 V6, I had never experienced torque steer! Still blows my mind when you mash it to pass and the whole thing goes squirrelly. Love every pull and moment!
I get no torque steer at all. How can you with electric steering?

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
I get torque steer with my V6 AWD if I mash the throttle in first or second gear. No torque steer in the other three gears.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I get no torque steer at all. How can you with electric steering?
if you don't get torque steer then you either are not mashing it enough or your ride needs a tune up...and the electric steering doesn't stop torque steer, at best it can only try to cover it up...torque steer happens because of the large amount of power going to the front wheels and the transverse mounted engine...the rav does a good job of correcting it tho...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts